Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Mascherano is without a doubt an odeous little turd but overrated? No, not for me. At what he does he is excellent and in the right side would be a superb player much in the same way as Makelale (spelling?) was for Chelsea. As for Barcelona, you may find it hard to believe but they were clearly after him at one time.

As for would I take him at Villa? I a heart beat but its never going to happen.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'd get Mascherano. but i'd certainly take him if we could.

It would certainly end the "Petrov or NRC" debate because, as someone else said, there's not many better at what he does.

Oh I dont know. I think Michael Brown is much better at running around fouling everyone and gobbing off to the ref.

Well if that's ALL you think Mascherano does then I think you've been wathing a different player to me.

Yes he is a little shit and a right dirty bastard. Which is a downside. but he's also an excellent player, like him or not.

What does he do? Ive often heard about all these great things he does, then I particularly watched him and I couldn't see it. The real class in Liverpools midfield was Alonso and Gerrard and when they lost Alonso they became shite. What a suprise.

There are lots of better players than him at what he's supposed to be best at, which is stopping the opposition.

For me, he's all hype, has been found out and is a busted flush. Liverpool, I bet, wont be able to get rid of him quick enough.

Anyway, dont want to get sidetracked here.

Mascherano, no thanks. Keep NRC, get better players elsewhere.

Gabby & Walcott upfront

Confucius say one chicken must have head.

Walcott is still only 21 and as time to learn. Get a decent forward coach in at the club and it could do them both a world of good.

Walcott needs games and if he can get them at Villa I feel he would be a huge success.

Also, I can't understand why Henry is heading over to these shores to play. He is way better than that.

I'd take Mascherano everyday of the week, cracking player. Great engine, gets in people's faces. Knows his position very well but also can play football too and although not creative, makes good decisions on the ball. He's like the perfect mix between Reo-Coker and Petrov.

What does he do? Ive often heard about all these great things he does, then I particularly watched him and I couldn't see it. The real class in Liverpools midfield was Alonso and Gerrard and when they lost Alonso they became shite. What a suprise.

There are lots of better players than him at what he's supposed to be best at, which is stopping the opposition.

For me, he's all hype, has been found out and is a busted flush. Liverpool, I bet, wont be able to get rid of him quick enough.

Anyway, dont want to get sidetracked here.

Mascherano, no thanks. Keep NRC, get better players elsewhere.

Indeed. A rich man's Robbie Savage - no more than that.

Mascherano is terrible!

Reo-Coker is a better player IMO

Mascherano is the most over rated player in the world!

Just watch him closely when he plays for Liverpool or when he plays for Argentina in the world cup, you'll see how distinctly average he really is!

I seriously believe that. Whenever NRC has played against Liverpool, he has totally outplayed Mascherano and make him look average!

It's all a matter of opinions but I just think he's terrible.

Yeah well he isn't Argentian and bought for a ridulous amount of money so he can't be good. :P

I would rather have NRC in my team too.

I seriously believe that. Whenever NRC has played against Liverpool, he has totally outplayed Mascherano and make him look average!

Yeah well he isn't Argentian and bought for a ridulous amount of money so he can't be good. :P

I would rather have NRC in my team too.

Or maybe he passes, tackles, shoots, runs, retains and all the rest of the attributes necessary to be a footballer better than Reo-Coker? Just a thought. :?

Mascherano is terrible!

Reo-Coker is a better player IMO

Mascherano is the most over rated player in the world!

Just watch him closely when he plays for Liverpool or when he plays for Argentina in the world cup, you'll see how distinctly average he really is!

Zatman?

I do agree that Mascerano has generally had poor games against Villa but you can't really compare peoples entire careers on one off games. Mascerano, in my opinion, is world class on his day. Those world class performances probably don't come too often but i wouldn't say any player except Torres has performed excellently in what's been an extremely average season for them. Reo Coker doesn't have one attribute that i'd say was better, basically Mascerano does what Reo-coker does much better, in almost every single possible way. Just my opinion of course, you're totally entitled to yours.

NRC is faster and more dynamic IMO

Either way, we won't get Mascherano because he wouldn't come to us, his wages would be far too high and his transfer fee would be ridiculous, we would be a lot better off just keeping NRC who is about as good as Mascherano.