Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I like Kevin Davies though. He works hard. I say we issue a swap deal + £3million for him with Heskey going the other way.

Not for me thanks, hard workers alone won't improve us.

I think Kevin Davies would be a good signing for us, a proper presence and would score more than Heskey which aint too difficult.

He always seems a handful when he plays against us so why not give him a bash playing with better players getting better service.

Im going to wake up in a minute.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get rid of

Shorey - 3m

Davies - 5m

Sidwell - 3m

Heskey - 3m

Harewood - 1m

Beye - 2m

17m + 20m from RL

37m to buy:

Ireland - 8m

Clyne - 2m

Dorrans - 6m

Bellamy - 8m

McGeady - 8m

Decent young CB for 5m

user66 - I think the "OUT's" in that post were from the rumours and articles stating that we'll listen to offers for Luke Young, Sidwell, NRC, Davies, Beye and Shorey.

Clyne, Parker and KP Boateng would all improve our squads if the above-mentioned article proves correct.

Edit: But the Carew thing I agree with, we shouldn't sell him.

I would get rid of

Shorey - 3m

Davies - 5m

Sidwell - 3m

Heskey - 3m

Harewood - 1m

Beye - 2m

17m + 20m from RL

37m to buy:

Ireland - 8m

Clyne - 2m

Dorrans - 6m

Bellamy - 8m

McGeady - 8m

Decent young CB for 5m

Tbf I would keep Davies but I dont think MON wants too.

Don't think I'd take Bellamy now to be honest.

If we are looking at forwards in this country who could be within our range then I suppose you are looking at Doyle, Rodellaga, Ebanks-Blake, Zamora, Carlton Cole, Pavlyuchenko (sic), Piquionne, Fletcher, Davies, Jason Roberts, Kalinic

From this list i'd be interested in, in order of preference:

Pavlyunchenko

Cole

Rodellaga

Zamora

Doyle

Fletcher

I think the Pav would score a lot of goals in our team.

Pav, Carew

Gabby, Delfeuonso

Good forward line their

Manchester City Line Up £45m Aston Villa Duo

by Steven Constable on May 12th, 2010

Id snap their arms off.

How about Clint Dempsey for a squad player? Could get him for a good price, he's creative, good with the ball at his feet, can play in just about any attacking position, works hard and can score a goal or two.

Very fond of Dempsey and I'd like to think he'd be more than a squad player but it's hard to see where we could use him regularly. I don't think he'd move to be a squad player given that he just performed in a Europa League final last night albeit as a sub. I certainly wouldn't move from what he has at Fulham to what we'd be offering here.

Very fond of Dempsey and I'd like to think he'd be more than a squad player but it's hard to see where we could use him regularly. I don't think he'd move to be a squad player given that he just performed in a Europa League final last night albeit as a sub. I certainly wouldn't move from what he has at Fulham to what we'd be offering here.

hes a squad player at fulham and was well out of his depth last night

I would get rid of

Shorey - 3m

Davies - 5m

Sidwell - 3m

Heskey - 3m

Harewood - 1m

Beye - 2m

17m + 20m from RL

37m to buy:

Ireland - 8m

Clyne - 2m

Dorrans - 6m

Bellamy - 8m

McGeady - 8m

Decent young CB for 5m

Harewood is going for free, out of contract.

How about Clint Dempsey for a squad player? Could get him for a good price, he's creative, good with the ball at his feet, can play in just about any attacking position, works hard and can score a goal or two.

i don't see much of fulham but he impresses me whenever i do.

hes a squad player at fulham and was well out of his depth last night

He's not a squad player, he's one of their stars.

He's not a squad player, he's one of their stars.

Exactly. He has 27 league starts (and 2 subs) this season and 7 goals from midfield. Only Bobby Zamora with 8 has more league goals this season for Fulham. In Europe, Fulham have changed their formation which means he drops to the bench but even then he usually comes off it at some point.

I think these

OUT

Sidwell 2m-3m

Osbourne ?

Salifou ?

Shorey 2-3m

Beye 1-2m

Heskey 2m-3.5m

Davies ? (depending on offer)

Reo-Coker ? (depends on offer)

----------------------

Bouma - free

Hogg - free

Harewood - free

IN

- Ireland (Stephen, not the republic)

- Parker (doubt we'd get him for any reasonable amout of money, apparently he's the only West Ham player not for sale)

- If not then Carrick (doubt that would happen either)

- Some young talented full-back

- That super striker we've been looking for, probably a foreigner

(it's anyone's guess really)

I really think MON will pull something out of the hat this summer and suprise us all, but I tend to think/hope for this every transfer window! Some eejit over on BBC 606 is banging on about a forward called Marko Arnautovic, who to be fair looks technically very good based on everybodies favourite reliable source youtube! He's been on loan at FC Twente for the season with McClown and done well so i'm led to believe!

We need an exciting foreign talent to walk through the gates of VP imo to really catch the imagination of us fans, and to fill this 50k stadium expansion RL was talking about!

I'd like to see a player simliar to Etuhu, someone who's job is to sit back and break shit up, then pass without any fuss.

Also helps if they are a beast.

A Yaya Toure... but more realistic? A no nonsense physical brute who reads the play like the back of his hand? They're too few and far between, but we do need one that's for sure. Wouldn't be too keen on Etuhu tbh, although I haven't seen a great deal of him.