Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

The Tory supporters are getting somewhat petulant it seems and its spreading

Not here, from a partisan party political viewpoint I think this has gone blindingly to be honest.

Nick Clegg has accused Brown of squatting in Downing Street. Tories offer "generous, comprehensive and far reaching" deal to the man who, let's remeber, came third. Clegg can't carry his party and props up Brown in Downing Street, much to the predictable outrage of well over half the nation. Cameron walks away with dignity, Clegg looks like word removed, the Labour mafioso have to deal with all the mess they kicked into the long grass before the election. CSR anyone?

Perfick.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest can we get someone to get us out of this mess? Its all very amusing seeing Campbell and Boulton acting like the school debating team, but can someone form a government and get on with making the cuts/increasing the tax.

If Labour form a government and get us out of the mess, then great. If the Tories do the same, then great. If the Lib Dems do it, then great.

If Clegg does form a government with Labour then they need to get the voting reforms through at the earlist possible opportunity followed by a fresh election to gain a mandate from the public. (It wont be a popular government otherwise)

If they don't get the reforms through, then both parties would be destroyed by the conservatives in another election with the FPTP system

Clegg can't carry his party and props up Brown in Downing Street, much to the predictable outrage of well over half the nation.

Swap Brown for Cameron and you have the same result given that well over half the country don't want him either.

As said before I'd happily see a Con/Lib Dem coalition as it'll last no more than 12 - 18 months, by which time the tories will have shown themselves to be the incompetent look after the few while **** over many party they are, and we can have another election safe in the knowledge the conservatives won't get anywhere near governing this country once again for many, many years.

The Tory supporters are getting somewhat petulant it seems and its spreading

Not here, from a partisan party political viewpoint I think this has gone blindingly to be honest.

Nick Clegg has accused Brown of squatting in Downing Street. Tories offer "generous, comprehensive and far reaching" deal to the man who, let's remeber, came third. Clegg can't carry his party and props up Brown in Downing Street, much to the predictable outrage of well over half the nation. Cameron walks away with dignity, Clegg looks like word removed, the Labour mafioso have to deal with all the mess they kicked into the long grass before the election. CSR anyone?

Perfick.

Jon - I agree and disagree :-)

Clegg wanted Brown out as PM regardless of who he sided with. Brown has had to stay as PM while the debates with the Tory party carried on but there has to be a logical point where he declares that he is standing down and that happened today. The Tory party are in turmoil at the moment going back on various pre and post election statements (see they are now offering AV according to Hague). Clegg as he had said previous to the election went to Cameron but there is clearly very little in terms of common ground between the two parties and a quick read of various Lib and Tory blogs highlights this. The Lab party now have to see if they can negotiate with the Libs to form an alliance Gvmt, that is right that goes on and the timings are right considering what has happened to date.

Cameron cannot walk away with dignity as such because he is failing to deliver for his paymasters. I still maintain that at the moment he has failed twice.

A lot of the Tory supporters are now acting very petulantly when they are not getting their way, and that does fit in with the profile that their opponents accuse them of.

Your scorched earth idea is looking somewhat flawed , else why would Labour be so keen to talk with the Libs?

To be honest can we get someone to get us out of this mess?

Yes, but they'll need flights back from Afghan.

I believe they are somewhere in the Los Angeles underworld...

:D

On a serious note, Clegg has said the Lib Dems want to "form a strong and stable government". How do you do that with a party that's just announced they'll be having a leadership election and new (currently unknown) leader in four months?

Clegg has **** up massively here and shown himself to be just another Westminster whore. A new kind of politics eh Nick? How we laughed.

Just stroll down the Mall and ask the lady who is truely qualified to take over for twelve months while we conduct a cull.

Is there any possibility that we could see Lab/Lib get to 318 seats then the Conservatives make alliances with the odds and sods to gain a majority regardless?

That would be truly odd.

In fact is there any way all of the parties can come to agreements which in some way conspire to leave them entirely even with just one exception with the result being that the single representative of the Green party gains the final say on each and any matter affecting the running of the country.

That would to me seem a quite marvelously ridiculous and therefore entirely appropriate outcome to this whole mess.

Sorry but Lib / Lab doesn't work, they still wouldn't have a mjority and thus that ARSE Salmond and his Plaid compatriot would also need "sweetening".

I don't like Cameron but Lib / Con with the Libs stopping or at least slowing the worst excesses of Cameron is preferrable.

[the tories will have shown themselves to be the incompetent look after the few while **** over many party they are

You should pop that in your sig before you get RSI.

Tory's have offered AV referendum.

Dave, close your mouth and back away slowly from the microphone.... Your hand is strong man, hold the line.

In favour of AV personally but let's have a ghost of Christmas future glimpse at a centre left coalition so the people can see how the UK will be forever under full PR.

My guess is very ugly.

I am interested to know whether AV would remove the individual right to only vote for one candidate.

Or would a voting slip with only one X be declared void?

Doubt it would be declared void BUT it depends on the actual system in place

In Australia, their system allows you to vote for just one candidate "above the line" or order your preferences "below the line". If you vote above the line, your votes get redistributed in accordance with party wishes. But that needn't be the case either. In STV if you vote for only one party and that candidate gets knocked out, your vote simply ceases to become part of the equation. That is what is to be discussed and proposals put to a referendum I suspect if we get the Lib / Lab coalition

Is there any possibility that we could see Lab/Lib get to 318 seats then the Conservatives make alliances with the odds and sods to gain a majority regardless?

That would be truly odd.

In fact is there any way all of the parties can come to agreements which in some way conspire to leave them entirely even with just one exception with the result being that the single representative of the Green party gains the final say on each and any matter affecting the running of the country.

That would to me seem a quite marvelously ridiculous and therefore entirely appropriate outcome to this whole mess.

People are forgetting also Scott about Sinn Fein - even though they have elected MP's they don't sit in Westminster and add the speaker.

There are various combinations that could happen and maybe the compromises that have to take place may make the excesses that some talked about pre election to be false promises.

Maybe that's it now they have all got a ready made excuse in that pre elections commitments cannot be kept because of the alliances they are making.

Sorry but Lib / Lab doesn't work, they still wouldn't have a mjority and thus that ARSE Salmond and his Plaid compatriot would also need "sweetening".

I don't like Cameron but Lib / Con with the Libs stopping or at least slowing the worst excesses of Cameron is preferrable.

Personally I don't like that either, I'd force a Conservative minority government.

I'll go along with that Bicks but how long before the"vote of confidence", we probably need something to last a year min.

Not really mate, if as Bicks says the Tories are forced to go minority what we'll get is a factual appraisal of the national debt, a Queen's speech or emergency budget (vote of confidence), that to be voted down and a second election when people are in full possession of the facts.

The Libs have just screwed themselves and the Tories will get a majority.