Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

Is Hague more acceptable than Cameron to people?
OK, I'm a Labour supporter, but I've warmed to Hague since his "Tory Boy" days, I think he's matured a lot.

If we must have a Tory PM I'd rather him than Lord Snooty.

He seems a pretty able parliamentrian; he’s dumped the baseball cap, and I think he’s actually quite popular amongst his peers.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last election UKIP are the fourth biggest party in terms of votes and BNP 5th, do we think they should get a say / seats?

under a PR system, of course they should.

If the Lib Dems want the 'real' democracy that they crave, then they must accept that things are opened up for minority parties, including ultimately distasteful ones like the BNP.

1704 Gordon Brown says Nick Clegg wants to begin formal discussions with the Labour Party and plans are now being made to allow that to happen. He also says he will step down as Labour leader by September and will ask the Labour party to set in motion a leadership contest to replace him.

In the last election UKIP are the fourth biggest party in terms of votes and BNP 5th, do we think they should get a say / seats?

under a PR system, of course they should.

If the Lib Dems want the 'real' democracy that they crave, then they must accept that things are opened up for minority parties, including ultimately distasteful ones like the BNP.

Which is only fair, we may not like them but it's their democratic right.

I just think it's outrageous that the system now means you can have a quarter of the votes and get around a 12th of the seats.

its seems ConDemNation is looking a little rocky.

Clegg's clearly been told to negotiate with Labour by the MP's and they've also pushed Gordo along the way as a precursor to talks

Even I must admit that it seems a bit wrong that the party that came first should be in opposition, with those that came second and third in power.

But if it's going to happen I hope it paves the way to a full-blown merger of Labour and Lib Dems.

he had to quit. good riddance

im tipping johnson or milburn as next labour leader

as for hague actually hated him before but as others have said think he has grown up alot since then. think he could be next tory leader

So. Clegg will only work with Labour if Brown goes - which he won't want to do; or with the Tories if they guarantee electoral reform - which they won't want to do.

Who will crack first?

Bet! Bet! Bet!

banzai.jpg

Well, it looks like we have an answer.

David Miliband odds-on with the bookies.

He went to the same school as my kids (much earlier, obviously).

And his dad taught me politics at Leeds University in the early 70s.

DM could be the first openly atheist party leader, too.

I tells you a silly bet on Darling for next PM - bloody Skybet wont give odds Grrrrrrr

I want to use my free bet money - how nice that would be to get Murdoch to pay me more :-)