Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will tbf i wasn't endorsing any of the 3 :-)

Nor was I.

I was certainly suggesting however that someone who has at least studied economic theory is going to know more than someone who hasn't.

To be honest, Cameron's lack of substance and sincerity doesn't really bother me at all for the office of PM. The thought of Osborne in the treasury needing all his fingers and toes to add up absolutely petrifies me though.

I was at a seminar a while back when Andrew Neil spoke about the economy and the up coming election..

He gave Cable a roasting when he interviewed him, although I actually thought Cable didn't do as bad as I'd read when I watched in online.

Someone asked Neil in the audience, which politician impressed him personally the most and he replied oddly enough

Alistair Darling.... (Neil appeared to have no time for Gordon Brown at all)

I will be surprised whatever happens if VAT if isn't increased

i think clegg and cameron could actually be a good partnership. two young fresh politicians, new ideas, new policies.

i think clegg will reject the tories and go with labour though personally

To be honest, Cameron's lack of substance and sincerity doesn't really bother me at all for the office of PM.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Cameron appears to me the most sincere, and has plenty of substance. He is fighting for a job that must rank as one of the poisoned chalices of all time.

Brown tries too hard, and we know that him well enough to know that he is just a manipulating bully with no interest in what others think.

Nick Clegg is just cool, which is why students and teachers love him.

To be honest, Cameron's lack of substance and sincerity doesn't really bother me at all for the office of PM.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Cameron appears to me the most sincere, and has plenty of substance. He is fighting for a job that must rank as one of the poisoned chalices of all time.

Brown tries too hard, and we know that him well enough to know that he is just a manipulating bully with no interest in what others think.

Nick Clegg is just cool, which is why students and teachers love him.

As I say, whatever anybody's opinion of him that doesn't particularly bother me. I don't think he's much more than a figurehead anyway.

Alistair Darling....

Wasn't it Darling making the right calls and Brown doing things his way that caused Darling to get a lot of the bad press .. Sort of goes with what we've learnt about Brown over the years as well

unfortunately i think your right julie. vat will be increased to about 19% i think. however with vat that can be controlled as its up to you how and when you spend your money.

taxing more your wages each month is far worse in my view a syou ahve no control over that

i think clegg and cameron could actually be a good partnership. two young fresh politicians, new ideas, new policies.

Didn't Clegg say in the result of a hung parliament he'd support the party with the largest number of seats?

Didn't Clegg say in the result of a hung parliament he'd support the party with the largest number of seats?

Perhaps in meant in the social club / HQ

He did.

But if they won't give him what he wants and a glued-together-with-Prittstick coalition of Labour-LibDem-SNP-PC-Green will give him what he wants then I imagine he'll forget about his earlier comments pretty quickly.

i dont think he said it in those words, more whoever has the most seats should seek to form a government.

im suprised labour are allowing the tories to make the first move, maybe they will see what the tries can offer the lib dems and better it, as thats their only chance of retaining power.

if i was cameron id make clegg foreign secretary or home secretary

Watched until half 6 this morning. Odd night. Lib Dems won Ceredigion by miles compared to how marginal it was last time.

I'm apathetic to whats happened.

It's all shit really isn't it?

I like the idea of the Tory-Lib Dem alliance. I think it's one way to a unified Britain in terms of political agenda as it satisfies a broad range of people.

Could all go to pot though.

Given the problems in Dudley north, where on the re-count the result was altered by a couple of hundred votes with over 100 tory votes being found in the UKIP box, why aren't we doing electoral voting with technology?

Why are we paying thousands of people to work through the night in order to manually count thousands of pieces of paper, which is less regulated and watched than even a guiness record attempt? It's madness. In the constituency where there was 4 votes difference, for example, its scary to think...

unfortunately i think your right julie. vat will be increased to about 19% i think. however with vat that can be controlled as its up to you how and when you spend your money.

Well people with higher incomes with a greater level of acquisition of luxury goods can, but for the poorer they have to buy when they need - if your cooker breaks down, you don't just think to yourself that you'll live off cold sandwiches for the next couple of years until VAT is brought down again.

taxing more your wages each month is far worse in my view a syou ahve no control over that
Lots of people have no control over how much VAT they spend.

VAT worstest tax ever (apart from the poll tax :P)