Jez

Remarkable stat of the day.

Robin van Persie had 12 shots on target last season with his right foot.

All 12 of them were goals.

Boy they're gonna miss him :lol:

Okay you've convinced me. I dismissed it as nonsene when I read it in the press, but now some random guy on an internet forum has made it very clear that it's a "fact" there isn't much left to say. Given internet ITKs accuracy when it comes to more general predictions, such as transfers, there is no reason for me to doubt that they'd not know the very private details of contract offers. I bet just after your financial guys put together the package to offer Syg, they made sure a few photo copies were distributed to guys who may or may not decide to share it on internet forums. And i definitely woulnd't dispute the numbers you've out forward for our offer, as I'm sure you put your best effort in to your "guess," which is good enough for me.

Do you believe it now? Or is it coming straight from Brendan Rodgers mouth (and confirming everything I posted as to why we didn't sign Siggy above btw) still not enough proof?

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/07/its-his-loss-lfcs-brendan-rodgers.html

The interview this came from will be put on YouTube soon if you want to watch it to make sure it happened and deluded LFC fans aren't inventing it.

Secondly, I am not some 'wannabee' ITK. I don't go on Twitter or any LFC forums and lawd attention. If I hear the odd bit that is of interest to another club (like when LFC where after Downing last Summer) I pass it on to their fans in good faith and will, as if it was the other way around and an opposition fan got info of interest to LFC fans I would appeciate them passing it on.

Trent one of the bosses on this site can back up the credibility of my source as I passed on everything regarding the Downing deal last summer to him which was proven.

If you go back in this thread to about the end of May there will be a post from Trent attesting to this.

You don't have to believe it as it goes against your agenda, but that still doesn't mean it isn't true, because it is.

He done the right thing. If a player you are close to and personally owes a lot to you agrees a deal with you, and then at the last minute asks for more money, why should Rodgers have give him that money? If he did that to me I'd be highly offended!

No all that tells you is that Liverpool offered him a similar deal to Swansea. It doesn't tell you anything about our offer at all. It doesn't confirm your guess in the slightest and certainly doesn't support the ludicrous claims that we are paying him £70,000 per week. It doesn't tell you Syg left for money at all. All it really tells you is that Liverpool tried to sign a player on much lower terms than would be the norm and the player rightly felt insulted or under valued. It sounds as if Liverpool made it seem as if they didn't really want him. It's got nothing to do with the offer we made him. If you were offered a job at a company where other people recruited to do the same job with similar experiences were offered far better starting salaries, would you feel as if they really valued you? All this shows is that for some bizzare reason your manager seems to be involved with the financial offers and should be excluded from now on.

Joey in all fairness I'm not in the business of speculating or pretending to be ITK so I really couldn't give a rat's fanny if you believe me or not :) You didn't believe me before the article came out and now that an article 'from the horses mouth' has confirmed the motives behind Liverpool snubbing him; without confirming the specific numbers involved (which you wouldn't expect them to make public anyway) you still don't believe me. That's your problem, not mine. Have a lovely day.

Lloris isn't going to Arsenal I don't think.

Their president said today that Lloris has asked him to accept offers from the top 5 clubs in the world which he would, if the clubs paid what he is worth in their eyes, which is 20m euros.

Arsenal aren't top 5 and they definitely have £17m to throw at a GK when their current GK is good enough for the league.

I rate Szczęsny very highly, but I do think that Lloris is a world-class goalkeeper - one of the top four currently playing football. However, as others have said, I'd be surprised to see Arsenal pay a lot of money for any goalkeeper.

I rate Szczęsny very highly, but I do think that Lloris is a world-class goalkeeper - one of the top four currently playing football. However, as others have said, I'd be surprised to see Arsenal pay a lot of money for any goalkeeper.

Is he? I don't think he's stepped up from showing so much promise.

I've always been very impressed with him whenever I've seen him.

Szczeny? He cost Arsenal the league cup with an absolute howler in the last minute of the final last year. He dropped one into his own net in Poland's biggest game in a decade during Euro 2012. He is a decent keeper, but error prone to say the least.

Szczeny? He cost Arsenal the league cup with an absolute howler in the last minute of the final last year. He dropped one into his own net in Poland's biggest game in a decade during Euro 2012. He is a decent keeper, but error prone to say the least.

I think Trog was walking about Lloris.

And FWIW I agree with him (as I said on the previous page)

I think Lloris is one of the best keepers in the world. And probably my favourite to watch.

OK Laudrup is taking the piss. Yesterday after his O'Leary tease, my RSS feed reports the following

"Swansea manager Brian Laudrup adds Alan Cu..."

Oh yes !! Curbishl.... ah shit, it's Alan Curtis. :angry: Cut it out Laudrup. It's not funny.

Yeah I agree. He cant handle the big games.