Jez

It does. We'll finally get an answer to the question of whether he could hack it in the Premier League. Something tells me he'll be nothing compared to Jelavić.

Micheal Bradley is going to Roma

It's just too bad he wasn't good enough for us. Having to settle for Roma will be difficult for him.

In all seriousness, our gross mishandling of the Michael Bradley loan still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd practically fantasized over the potential of a Villa/Bradley match well prior to anything regarding the loan materializing, so I was absolutely over the moon when it went through. But that's where it ended, unfortunately. Villa management and administration couldn't have handled his arrival and acclimatisation process more poorly and I think Bradley's immediate impact and subsequent success at Cheivo, and the current scramble for his services in Serie A has demonstrated that we blew a fantastic opportunity to secure a steady presence in the middle of the park for years to come at Villa.

I am delighted as a USA supporter to see Bradley finding his level and going on to bigger and better things, but it frustrates me as a Villa supporter to see a fantastic opportunity squandered like that. With Stan gone, we just have no presence in central midfield and I’m not sure who’s going to step up or step in to fill that void for us.

On the Bradley/Roma tip, it will be interesting to see how he pairs with Daniele DeRossi, who is an established, fantastic player with a similar skill set. Both are gritty, hardworking midfielders who can hang back or push forward, so it will be interesting to see how Zdeněk Zeman sees fit to use them.

forget selling Andy Carroll for 35m....

selling Leon Best for 3m absolutely trumps it....

the transformation of Newcastles buying/selling policy over the past few years has been remarkable...

they were absolute jokers in the market for a long time...now its the complete opposite

Once and for all: Michael Bradley unfortunately sucked when he had his loan spell here. That he's made it to Roma in Italy doesn't one bit convince me that he'd be a hit here if we'd taken a chance on him. Some players ain't suited to some leagues. And Roma ain't all that anymore.

Once and for all: Michael Bradley unfortunately sucked when he had his loan spell here.

Michael Bradley was given about 100 minutes of playing time, most of which was as a substitute when we were down to ten men and during a reserve team surrender at Man City.

Maradona would struggle to make an impression in that situation.

Michael Bradley for whatever reason struggled in our reserve side. That's probably why management were reluctant to use him more. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for both parties or maybe it was the Juan Veron effect. Either way, neither is losing sleep over it now I'd wager.

In all seriousness, our gross mishandling of the Michael Bradley loan still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
The only person who "mishandled" the Michael Bradley loan was Michael Bradley. Whatever he did/does elsewhere, he did nothing in his time here to warrant a permanent move. Not just here either, he was inconsistent throughout his time at 'Gladbach showing only flashes of quality, not to mention throwing a tantrum at the training staff prior to being shipped out. He's had one good season at Chievo and possibly earned a move off the back of it (this purported move is still as much paper-talk as the rumours that he was going straight to the likes of Roma/Inter from 'Gladbach). Good for him if he's sorted his head and his game out, but it categorically does not mean the move was right for us or him. Bradley isn't the first and he certainly will not be the last player who fails at one club to then succeed at the next.

Once and for all: Michael Bradley unfortunately sucked when he had his loan spell here.

Michael Bradley was given about 100 minutes of playing time, most of which was as a substitute when we were down to ten men and during a reserve team surrender at Man City.

Maradona would struggle to make an impression in that situation.

I know, and normally I wouldn't judge him from that, but he just looked so lost that I couldn't see anything in him to think that he could've made it. He just didn't look like he'd ever cope with the pace of the english game. Which might be why he's finding it a lot easier in Serie A. He's not a bad player, just not suited to the PL from what I've seen.

How the fook have they got £3m for leon best, i was under the impression his contract was running out when we got linked to him.

On another issue, Blackburn aren't doing bad business really, signing Murphy and Best who are good players for the championship.