Jez

I wonder how long it will be before Freddy Adu signs with The Royal Mail? Given how many times he has failed to deliver, you would think he will fit right in. :)

Cesc fee (from elsewhere on the internet, uncomfirmed)

Mundo Deportivo;

€14.5m up front

€14.5m to be paid in October

€5m over the next 5 years

€6m if Barcelona win La Liga twice and 1 CL in next 5 years.

€40m overall

Euros? I thought Barca had offered £35m and Arsenal wanted £40? Either way I'm glad it's over and the newspapers will finally shut the **** up about it.

Dunno how true the figures are. €40m is as near as dammit £35m though, however €6m (£5.25m) of the fee being performance related is somewhat surprising. I guess Arsenal think that Barca will hit those marks.

Terrible deal though in this day and age. Barca are probably stretching themselves to the max financially to pay it but Arsenal are being screwed because they know they cannot sell him to anyone else and he wants to leave. It's not exactly a normal transfer situation where a few different clubs would bid.

Good deal for Barcelona. Arsenal had to live with the fact that Fabregas was desperate to go home though. The big problem now is that they only have two weeks to replace him. If Nasri goes too then everybody knows that Arsenal have the best part of £60m to spend and fees for players they are in for will go through the roof.

He also has the problem now of clubs knowing how much money he has to spend.. so he will have to go that bit extra to get players in as clubs at this point will demand a bigger fee, will he do it? I think he has to personally.

edit : same point as above really :lol:

but will Wenger spend it is the thing. Apparently he refused to sanction a 18 million bid for Mata but spent 15 on Chamberlain.

Think when replacing players this time he should go away from his passing style players and buy Parker and Cahill but knowing Wenger he will buy a couple of 2nd division french players and save the rest of money

Mangala and Defour from Liege may sign with Porto for 6 and 7M€.

A little sickening if they've gone for that little. Both brilliant players we could seriously use, and while Porto may have CL, the draw of this league might worked in our favor. Neither should be on massive wages, either. Replace Ireland with Defour, NRC with Mangala, Petrov with Makoun, sexy. Mangala can cover left back and central defense, too.

Terrible deal though in this day and age. Barca are probably stretching themselves to the max financially to pay it but Arsenal are being screwed because they know they cannot sell him to anyone else and he wants to leave. It's not exactly a normal transfer situation where a few different clubs would bid.

I read he still had 4 years on his contract, which was mental in itself as he's wanted to leave for at least 2 years. Why did he sign such a long contract in the first place? No doubt Arsenal have got a pretty shit deal in all this, though if they get Mata in for half the price it would soften the blow

the report last week was that the 5m over 5 years is taken directly from cesc's wages

Has Cesc officially made a transfer request? If he has then it would save Arsenal about £4m in 'loyalty' bonus if he had a standard 10% clause.