Jez

Wojciech Szczęsny is the one who is rated at Arsenal

is he the Polish kid that's been on loan at Brentford ? if he is my Brentford Season ticket holder mate reckons he is a fantastic keeper

Few things happening on the continent; Lyon have picked up Rennes striker Jimmy Briand, Borussia Dortmund have finally secured the services of Robert Lewandowski, Schalke have continued their recruitment campaign by bringing in young Japanese full-back Atsuto Uchida and Ricardo Quaresma has ended his unsuccesful spell in Serie A, moving to Besiktas.

Ricardo Quaresma. What a chancer.

A really average player and would not have such a reputation except for Youtube and Football Manager

rubbish! imo he has more natural ability than Ronaldo, it's just his attitude that lets him down

A really average player and would not have such a reputation except for Youtube and Football Manager

rubbish! imo he has more natural ability than Ronaldo, it's just his attitude that lets him down

I think you just like getting people to bite but its not happening :D

I bought Briand for my FM Dortmund team. 41 goals 55 Apps. So therefore, naturally a great player.

On a serious note. He has been touted for years but has always been held back by the execs. at Rennes and also his ACL injury buggered hım up a bit.

A quick wikipeek: 169 apps/33 goals. Narp.

I think you just like getting people to bite but its not happening :D

:D nope I'm being deadly serious, he was outstanding for Porto but just hasn't kicked on since

Quaresma is exactly what Ronaldo would have become if he had never progressed as a footballer. I imagine Quaresma could probably do keepy-uppies for an entire day non-stop. It's **** all use on a football pitch though. Quaresma is to football what Evel Knievel would have been to MotoGP.

I see Riquelme closing in on a move to West Ham. Would've loved to see him here in his prime. He's never been about the pace but I'd say; like Deco; he'll probably sparkle briefly then be forgotten.

Just came in to post that BOF, once a great player but I doubt he has much left in the talk despite not ever being the quickest. I found this quote from his agent quite amusing;

"But I think the location of London, the challenge at West Ham and working beside the likes of Scott Parker and Thomas Hitzlsperger have been very important factors in him considering the move.

"Right now, we think the best option, the most likely, and the one he's most interested in is West Ham.

"I think for a foreign player of the magnitude of Riquelme, the lure of London is always going to be a deciding factor over any other club.

"So unless Arsenal come in then I think the most likely destination and the one Riquelme would be most interested in is West Ham."

Here

The fact the first thing he mentions is London tells me all I need to know about his reasons for moving to West Ham at this stage of his career.

We can put him in the rather large pot of South American party animals instead of the very small pot of non-party animals. Or 'Kaka' as I like to call him.

Riquelme was a smashing player but this has failure written all over it.

He has to be the main star, no speed, doesnt like a tackle, has to be surrounded by Argentinians and has fallen out with more managers/players than he has career assists

Flop? Financially he won't have been. He's going to Moscow for ~£8m. He was a big part of keeping Cologne up last season.