Jez

The mirror has today plunged to new lows with 'sha hope to beat liverpool to signature of javanovic'

The mirror has today plunged to new lows with 'sha hope to beat liverpool to signature of javanovic'

he did say that he might pull out of the Liverpool move due to Benitez leaving

To follow him to italy and italy. so he seems to have a choice 3. inter, liverpool, birmingham. mmmm.......

Arteta wants to leave because his baby has a medical issue so he wants to go home to Spain to be closer to he and his wives family and receive treatment there.

Words couldn't even describe how gutted I am.

I should say, it was first reported in the People, but I suspect it might be true as I know his kid has had a problem with his eyes.

Edit: I heard Arteta had sort of got over the initial shock and his son started to improve in that regard, maybe it's got worse again?!

Arteta wants to leave because his baby has a medical issue so he wants to go home to Spain to be closer to he and his wives family and receive treatment there.

I should say, it was first reported in the People, but I suspect it might be true as I know his kid has had a problem with his eyes.

Any quotes from him?

Any quotes from him?

Not read it but I don't think so.

It was reported in the People, then reported in a bunch of other papers.

It might have legs as I know his kid has had eye problems but as I say, I thought this wasn't a problem anymore.

Any quotes from him?

Not read it but I don't think so.

It was reported in the People, then reported in a bunch of other papers.

It might have legs as I know his kid has had eye problems but as I say, I thought this wasn't a problem anymore.

I wouldn't be too gutted yet. Just speculation at the moment. It might be journos putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

And SGC, he would be a massive loss. Obviously not as good as Darren Bent, but a great player on his day.

Edit: I heard Arteta had sort of got over the initial shock and his son started to improve in that regard, maybe it's got worse again?!

Any update on this as I had a drunken bet with a toffee today, VT ITK, that he would be gone before September (I hope his child recovers).

Fußball-Bundesligaaufsteiger 1. FC Kaiserslautern hat am Montag mit einem nicht öffentlichen Fitnesstest das «Projekt Klassenverbleib» gestartet. Beim Aufgalopp begrüßte Erfolgscoach Marco Kurz den ehemaligen Wolfsburger Defensivspieler Jan Simunek (Foto) an der Spitze der sechs Neuzugänge.

Kaiserslautern are hoping to bring in their 6th new recruit of the summer with Jan Simunek due to complete a fitness test on Monday

Der 23-jährigen Tscheche Simunek erhält bei den «Roten Teufeln» einen Vierjahresvertrag bis 2014 und soll für unter einer Million Euro Ablöse verpflichtet worden sein. Die «Wölfe» hatten noch 2007 rund 3,5 Millionen Euro für den Profi von Sparta Prag bezahlt. Dabei brachte es Simunek in der vergangen Saison auf ganze fünf Einsätze beim entthronten Meister.

23 years old Czech Simunek is likely to sign a contract until 2014

Apologies for the shite translation, I'm just summarizing with what little German I can actually remember; anyone with a better grasp please feel free to correct me! :D

BOF, where the **** have Kaiserslautern got all this cash from? They've just bought the not-entirely-bad-at-all Jan Simunek from VfL Wolfsburg. Didn't feature much last season, but if memory serves he was a big part of their (succesful) fight against the drop a few years back. Would've happily had him at Borussia Park! :(

Jan_Simunek_HA_Verm_103488b.jpg

Di Maria signs for Real

The 22-year-old has signed a six-year contract at the Bernabeu and moves for a reported fee of €25million (£20.3million).

Di Maria had been linked to a number of top European clubs after catching the eye for Portuguese outfit Benfica in the Europa League last season.

But Los Merengues have snapped him up and he becomes new manager Jose Mourinho's first signing since taking charge in the Spanish capital.

A statement on the club's official website said: "Real Madrid and Benfica have reached an agreement for the transfer of Angel di Maria.

"The player will sign a six-year contract with Real Madrid."

Di Maria is currently playing in the World Cup with Argentina, who have reached the quarter-finals of the competition.

The exciting flair player switched to Benfica in 2007 after moving from hometown club Rosario Central.

He is expected to be the first of a number of signings for Real this summer as Mourinho looks to make his mark on the team.