Jez

Yakubu isn't rubbish he is just lazy oh and probably older than his passport would have you believe.

Yep, there is no way that guy is 26!!! To be fair I don't think he has properly recovered from an achilles injury he picked up a couple of seasons back. When he is on form he is a great player, but watching him last year looked just bloated and lazy!

Another rumour: Bastian Schweinsteiger linked with Chelsea. Though that could be just a journo putting 2+2 together as they have just released Ballack. I rate him though, I had him in my fantasy World Cup team in 2006 when he got a hat-trick in the final game!

Gunners in 'good goalkeeper' shocker !!!

Gunners move for Schwarzer

Arsenal want Fulham ace to switch to Emirates

Mark-Schwarzer_2445237.jpg

Arsenal have confirmed they have made an approach to sign Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

Wenger wants a new No.1 and this has been confirmed by his pursuit of the Australian custodian.

Despite being 37, the former Middlesbrough shot-stopper, is still considered one of the Premier League's best and he played a huge part in Fulham's resurgence in the past couple of seasons.

Now Wenger is hoping he can strike a deal with Fulham, although they have rebuffed Arsenal's opening advances.

"We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away," Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

"We can only hope they will change their minds, but at the moment it doesn't look like it."

Meanwhile, Hill-Wood has also confirmed that Arsenal will not be meeting the demands of William Gallas - who is out-of-contract at the end of this month.

The French international wants at least a two-year deal, which goes against Arsenal policy as they generally do not offer more than 12-month contracts to players over 30.

At 32, Gallas has only been offered a one-year extension - which he has thus far refused to sign.

"He is asking for too much for too long," he said.

"Players are going to have to learn some time that money doesn't grow on trees."

If Liverpool get Hodgson and Arsenal get Schwarzer I can see Fulham slipping back into oblivion.

I love this bit ""We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away".

Gone away to the press to blab about it in the hope of turning the player's head you mean. rocket polishers.

Schweinsteiger has been pretty poor for a few years now. Never lived upto the hype he got when he first broke into the German side. I'd be amazed if a side like Chelsea want him.

This year he has been brilliant in centre midfield

Yeah I think 99% of Brazilians like the nightlife. Kaka is the freak :)

Oh and Adriano has been presented as a Roma player.

Gunners in 'good goalkeeper' shocker !!!

Gunners move for Schwarzer

Arsenal want Fulham ace to switch to Emirates

Mark-Schwarzer_2445237.jpg

Arsenal have confirmed they have made an approach to sign Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

Wenger wants a new No.1 and this has been confirmed by his pursuit of the Australian custodian.

Despite being 37, the former Middlesbrough shot-stopper, is still considered one of the Premier League's best and he played a huge part in Fulham's resurgence in the past couple of seasons.

Now Wenger is hoping he can strike a deal with Fulham, although they have rebuffed Arsenal's opening advances.

"We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away," Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

"We can only hope they will change their minds, but at the moment it doesn't look like it."

Meanwhile, Hill-Wood has also confirmed that Arsenal will not be meeting the demands of William Gallas - who is out-of-contract at the end of this month.

The French international wants at least a two-year deal, which goes against Arsenal policy as they generally do not offer more than 12-month contracts to players over 30.

At 32, Gallas has only been offered a one-year extension - which he has thus far refused to sign.

"He is asking for too much for too long," he said.

"Players are going to have to learn some time that money doesn't grow on trees."

If Liverpool get Hodgson and Arsenal get Schwarzer I can see Fulham slipping back into oblivion.

I love this bit ""We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away".

Gone away to the press to blab about it in the hope of turning the player's head you mean. rocket polishers.

An Arse season ticket holder I work with thinks that this is a backwards step for them!!!! I told him he will be the best keeper they will have had since Seaman if they get him...

but Adriano is worse than the normal Brazilians.

He tried to get off the booze and was playing great and then struggled after hitting it in again during middle of Brazilian season

I love the way Arsenal were bitching and moaning asking for Barca to show them some respect after they turned down their offer and here they are talking about their interest in a player after having a bid rejected. Hypocritical rocket polishers, I bet they can't even see the irony.

A bit of news from Europe; Fenerbahce have signed young Slovakian international Miroslav Stoch from Chelsea (who spent last season on loan at FC Twente), whilst Valencia have brought in Roberto Soldado from Getafe as a replacement for David Villa (unsurprisingly, like all players brought in as a replacement for someone vastly superior Soldado has already broken out the "I'm not here to replace anyone; I'm my own player" rhetoric).

How did the likes of lloris get past wenger? Schwarzer says to me he likes mannone but doesnt see him as ready

Wojciech Szczęsny is the one who is rated at Arsenal, might be a stop gap until he is ready.

As for Lloris, Wenger probably won't pay the big bucks for a keeper.

How did the likes of lloris get past wenger? Schwarzer says to me he likes mannone but doesnt see him as ready

His record with goalkeepers and defenders is poor. The best keeper he signed was Lehmann and defender was Campbell but a lot of duds in between like Silvestre, Cygan, Almunia, Tavlaridis, Stepanovs, Richard Wright

How did the likes of lloris get past wenger?

well, teams like Lyon know when they have a player on their hands, and will develop them then sell them for mega bucks. I doubt Arsene would've got him even if he wanted to.

but he was at Nice for a long time before he went to lyon

True, although some academies in France don't sell players until they are 21, Nice might be one of them. And Lyon being the team they are would be the obvious step up for young Frenchies.

He'll be at United sooner rather than later though, too good a keeper not to be at one of the best clubs in the world.

Who knows, we can all conclude however that Arsene is a silly frog.

I see Robiniho says the door isn't shut on Man City, made me laugh that one. One week he wants to stay in Brazil then he wants to go to Barca then he realises nobody wants him and oh yeah Man City still own him so does a quick back track.