Jez

Out of him and Henderson (I know they play different positions), I think that he is much better value for money.

Well i certainly agree with that.

I've had the benefit of seeing him in the flesh once, didn't have a fantastic game but to be fair the rest of the Genoa back-line weren't covering themselves in glory at the time.

I simply can't believe that moron Fergie was stooopid enough to spend £16m on a player will87 hasn't even heard of or that Diego reckons needs more than 1 season.

FWIW, Jones was always going straight into the top 4. Ever since (IIRC) his debut in the league against Chelsea at centreback where he was MOTM and Drogba didn't get a sniff. Everyone (well, almost everyone) did a double take that day.

For me it's a bit like the Rooney transfer. United were happy enough to leave Jones at Blackburn right up until the point where the vultures started circling for him, then they just nipped in and bought him. That is their central pairing sorted for the next decade now alongside Smalling. He's a cracking player and just one of those naturally intelligent footballers. Also a big bastard too! Money well spent.

Jones is not only an outstanding prospect but he is currently a bloody good player in the here and now who can play CB or as a defensive midfielder.

BOF is right about the comparison to the Rooney transfer and the vultures circling, there were supposed to be as many as 5 other clubs in for Jones.

There is also another significant factor in this deal and deals this summer in general in light of the impending financial rules in that clubs spending will soon be restricted to a degree. So there is obviously going to be an increased demand for and price upon the best young players who if purchased now will make clubs lives easier in the coming seasons especially if like Utd they have an ageing squad.

If Man Utd were playing it like that, why not buy him last summer and loan him back to Blackburn? They'd have got him for half the price, even taking into account a bit of wages they'd have covered.

C'mon dude, I want to see you mix it up a bit! "Superb" is old hat, I wanna little bit of imagination and wordsmithery. :)

Main Entry: superb

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: excellent, first-rate

Synonyms: admirable, august, best, breathtaking, choice, elegant, elevated, exalted, exquisite, fine, glorious, gorgeous, grand, great, lofty, magnificent, majestic, marvelous, matchless, noble, optimal, optimum, outstanding, peerless, prime, proud, resplendent, solid, splendid, splendiferous, splendorous, standout, state-of-the-art, stunning, sublime, super, superior, superlative, unrivaled, very best

In fact, I'll make you a deal; if can legitimately use both "august" and "exalted" in the same post to describe the next player we're linked with that you rate, I'll donate £2 to VT.

In fact, I'll make you a deal; if can legitimately use both "august" and "exalted" in the same post to describe some kid in carlisles U17 squad that you rate as being a once in a generation player I'll donate £2 to VT.

Spurs bid for Abel Hernandez rejected.

looks a great player from what i've seen, happy gareth? :D

He's not good enough for the Premier League yet, I'd be surprised if Spurs want him.

Bags of potential though.

Wouldnt say hed a great player yet but hes definately got a lot of potential.

A forward line of Forlan, Suarez, Cavani & Hernandez, all from a country with a population smaller than Scotland. Mental.

Wouldnt say hed a great player yet but hes definately got a lot of potential.

A forward line of Forlan, Suarez, Cavani & Hernandez, all from a country with a population smaller than Scotland. Mental.

I'm a big follower of Uruguay and they really have a great generation of players now. However over there they are football mad, it is pretty much the dominant sport and it is generally well setup. So it is no real surprise.

You even managed to miss out the top scorer Abreu :D EDIT: Actually forget that forgot Forlan overtook him for a second. Certainly the third biggest force in South America right now.