Jez

He is always linked with Spurs so he might go there plus they have never really had a left winger in recent years

The way Bale played at the end of the season do they need one?

Big gamble from Moyes.

Him and Beckford in the same window, risky risky!

Probably pay off though the jammy ****.

I'm not sure that a total out lay of £500k on two strikers is what I would class as being a big risk personally.

Risk in the sense he could have two strikers sitting around doing sweet FA.

Especially if he gets rid of Yakubu/Anichebe/Vaughn.

Unless he gets rid of those three, brings in these two on the cheap and gets one more main striker to play alongside/rotate with Saha.

Depends how it plays out, i just don't see much of a point when he has players of that calibre if not better at the club already.

It's probably more to do with the finance than the actual players though, in which case your right it isn't much of a risk.

Nuno Valente was appointed as a scout for us in Portugal when he retired (he isn't any more, he's moved to be assistant manager at, I think, Sporting Lisbon), he had this guy watched quite a few times, sent reports over and he came over twice for trial periods, Everton were impressed and he signed now. He literally turned 20 a few weeks ago and is involved in the Portuguese u20 and u21 teams. It's not much of a gamble for the price and the fact he'g going to be on pretty low wages. He had Porto/Braga amongst teams chasing him so he's obviously got some potential.

At least it's not Jo (whose name is also Joao Silva ;))

Especially if he gets rid of Yakubu/Anichebe/Vaughn.

brings in these two on the cheap and gets one more main striker to play alongside/rotate with Saha.

Anichebe has been turned to a wide midfielder/forward, Vaughan will either be sold or spend next year on loan (at a guess) and Yakubu is almost certainly gone..

On your second point, I've heard that is exactly what he wants to do..

Well Yakubu is about 33 now and is starting to be past it and Vaughan, while I think he is alright, he'll just get injured and Anichebe is just a younger version of Harewood IMO. In that he can look good sometimes, but most of the time he's not up to standard.

Moyes will probably get the best out of Beckford and Joao is probably a good striker.

I think Everton will have a good season next season as it looks as if Moyes is fed up with the poor starts to the season and is addressing it already.