Jez

Looks like Liverpool will sign Sylvain Marveaux. He was at the game last night.

Maybe another Comolli flop

Comolli is a fantastic judge of talent - he's as responsible as anyone for putting Spurs in the top four. He's had his share of failures, but he's signed some great young players wherever he's been and tend to leave behind him a healthy balance sheet.

He's exactly what we could have done with when Randy took over.

Ronaldinho is going for £7m according to DailyMail..

cant see a major European touching him with wages he is on plus age he is. Can see him going back to Brazil

the announcement of his asking price came after gremio announced they were trying to get him on a free

Well his last club will 100% disagree with you as they have said they are only having a good season cause Comolli left and put them in financial ruin

Didn't know that and a quick dig around found me an interesting read. Cheers.

Still, his record with Spurs is impressive I think.

Well his last club will 100% disagree with you as they have said they are only having a good season cause Comolli left and put them in financial ruin

He bought some good players, but based on what the manager who had to work with the bulk of his signings had to say he was an absolute disaster for Spurs.

Buying (admittedly good) players who he didn't want and couldn't fit into the team while ignoring the areas of the team that needed improving.

He bought some good players, but based on what the manager who had to work with the bulk of his signings had to say he was an absolute disaster for Spurs.

Buying (admittedly good) players who he didn't want and couldn't fit into the team while ignoring the areas of the team that needed improving.

Although I'd agree that the system with a scout essentially having a greater say in recruitment than the manager is a difficult one (and in general a bad idea) - without Comolli Spurs wouldn't have Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, Bale, Modric or Pavlyuchenko and they wouldn't have had Berbatov or Darren Bent to balance the books either.

I think if Liverpool can find a way to get him to work with rather than against a manager, they've got a real asset there.

Martín Demichelis has gone from Bayern Munich to Málaga on loan, he's looking to make a permanent exit from Bayern at some point. Málaga have also brought in Júlio Baptista (Roma), Sergio Asenjo and Camacho (both from Atlético Madrid), whilst Atlético have bought Elías from Corinthians.

Hugo Almeida's moved to Beşiktaş from Werder Bremen for around €2m.

Borussia Mönchengladbach have brought in Mike Hanke (Hannover 96), Martin Stranzl (Spartak Moscow) and Håvard Nordtveit (Arsenal) but barring a miracle are still going down. :(

Always worth saying this, but he is the subject of one of my favourite football facts - he's allergic to grass.

Bloody hell, I guess we can add him to our manager who is allergic to playing our best goalkeeper, the defenders who are allergic to playing at all and strikers who are allergic to scoring goals. :bang: