Jez

Barton turned down Palace as not right for his family. cant be that much of a trek across London considering he wanted move France

Translates ' they wouldn't pay me what QPR pay'

no, can't see Chelsea strengthening a potential rival

His Dad was at the Arsenal game last night. With Mata not playing and Arsenal wanting to spend money, looks like it could happen. Anyway, are Arsenal a direct rival to Chelsea?

Anyway, are Arsenal a direct rival to Chelsea?

if they start signing the likes of mata and 2/3 other players of that quality then they will be

this will be another appeasement effort though, fully expecting a last minute link to di maria too

no, can't see Chelsea strengthening a potential rival

His Dad was at the Arsenal game last night. With Mata not playing and Arsenal wanting to spend money, looks like it could happen. Anyway, are Arsenal a direct rival to Chelsea?

I imagine Chelsea woud rather he go out on loan to Atletico Madrid than to Arsenal, Chelsea don't exactly need the money.

I just fail to see the reason why Chelsea would sell to Arsenal, unless it was for an obscene amount of money. And to be fair, I did say potential rival, not direct...

buying some quality attacking midfielders...

still pretty weak up front and at the back IMO, not much depth, if soldado or a CB gets injured then they don't have anywhere near as much quality

same as Chelsea, will also be interesting how they keep them all happy, holtby must be around 8th choice now

Ajax would get some kind of compensation because Eriksen will be under the age of 24 when his contract expires, but yes, it will be quite a lot less than what Spurs are offering now. 

I'm interested to see how Eriksen does over here, it seems he has been around forever which is odd for somebody who is still only 21 but he got talked up massively before the 2010 world cup and Euro 2012 and in both tournaments he looked like a very technically gifted player without ever dominating a game.  He has scored some lovely goals for Ajax though, and while I don't think he is the player Spurs will build their team around he will be an excellent player in what is looking like a very strong squad. 

Ajax would get some kind of compensation because Eriksen will be under the age of 24 when his contract expires, but yes, it will be quite a lot less than what Spurs are offering now. 

I'm interested to see how Eriksen does over here, it seems he has been around forever which is odd for somebody who is still only 21 but he got talked up massively before the 2010 world cup and Euro 2012 and in both tournaments he looked like a very technically gifted player without ever dominating a game.  He has scored some lovely goals for Ajax though, and while I don't think he is the player Spurs will build their team around he will be an excellent player in what is looking like a very strong squad. 

the friendly vs England I think gained him a lot of admirers, he was brilliant that game. In Champions League games last season he seemed neat and tidy without having the killer end product