The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Very similar situation to last year for Dortmund. Bloody good team, but keeping it together is going to be a problem. We only lost Sahin last year, but it was still a huge blow. It's looking like Kagawa and Lewandowski could be off this summer, but Götze has signed a new contract and Reus is coming in. Gündoğan's looking like he's ready to play on a more regular basis now, too. Nevertheless, I'm not sure the squad will quite be able to maintain a challenge both domestically and continentally - but without too much upheaval we're at least on the right track. Bayern will undoubtedly be stronger, too.

That said, I don't think that top two of the Bundesliga and quarter finals of the Champions League is too unrealistic.

Have heard Lewandowski has agreed move to Bayern

Where did you here this? I think it'd be a disaster for all party's and can't see why Dortmund would be selling to Bayern. Never been as bigger rivals as at the moment.

Shame Dante's off, 'Gladbach were always gonna struggle to hold onto their best players. But the money coming in should be some consolation.

Apparently Kagawa now has till monday to sign the new deal, but i think a move is imminent. He's been a revelation, really stepped up since Gotze went out injured. I just hope he gets a chance at United in Centre Midfield.

Why are footballers so **** stupid and greedy? Will Marin really get a game?

They're usually a naturally confident person. He thinks he'll get a game and Chelsea do actually want him. So I don't think it's unreasonable that he thinks he'll fit in and play. Whether he does or not, time will tell.

Promotion looks interesting this season. We've touched on it before but the playoffs look potentially interesting too.

Greuther Fürth are guaranteed their first ever season in the Bundesliga. Probably as champions given they play bottom side Hansa Rostock on Sunday. Eintracht Frankfurt are slightly less interesting as they're making an immediate return to the top flight after a single-season dip.

The playoff position is interesting though. Fortuna Düsseldorf are in pole position and they've recently been down in the 3rd tier; even the 4th tier as recent as 2004. So it'd be nice to see them back in the Bundesliga for the first time since 1997.

A Fortuna slip-up opens the door to Paderborn or St. Pauli both of whom play each other on the final day. I can't see that Paderborn have ever been in the Bundesliga before, so that looks like another debut if they were to pull it off. St. Pauli is obviously many people's 2nd team so plenty of people would like to see them up.

All of this of course assumes that they beat the current Bundesliga side which will either be Cologne or Hertha Berlin. That's by no means settled at this stage. Cologne are currently in the box seat but they face Bayern Munich whereas Hertha are 2pts behind them on better goal difference with a game against Hoffenheim.

Either way **** yiz all cuz Kaiser are gone regardless

funny-gifs-heath-ledger-was-a-better-joker.gif

Â