The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Went to the Allianz Arena last week to see Munich v Kaiserslautern. Just put the pics up on facebook. What an awesome stadium, was sat or should that be stood in the away end with the Kaiserslautern fans letting off their flares.

I got in for free but the tickets would of only cost 15 Euros. Compare that to West Ham which cost 3 times more and they are not even in the top division. Was a good game, and the whole football experience in Germany plus the cost is much better. But I have to say English league on the pitch is better.

We've not missed Götze too much so far, but the absence of both him and Shinji could be testing. Mario is certainly someone who can make the difference though, and I think his absence will be felt in bigger games.

I agree with VGM about the squad depth, but there is hope that this side could see it through, especially without Europe to worry about.

I've just noticed that the live Bundesliga table on Sky Sports only has the top 3 qualifying for the Champions League, when I'd heard it was the top 4 from this season. I assume this is just Sky typically not giving a shit/knowing anything about football outside of England, rather than something I've missed?

I've just noticed that the live Bundesliga table on Sky Sports only has the top 3 qualifying for the Champions League, when I'd heard it was the top 4 from this season. I assume this is just Sky typically not giving a shit/knowing anything about football outside of England, rather than something I've missed?

Bundesliga.de shows 4th going for a Cl qualifying spot. So I assume Sky do know nothing.

No change there then! I often use live.skysports.com to keep up with all the scores on match day, but the formations they put out sometimes must be random. Dortmund are often shown as playing 4-4-2, with Piszczek up front, Hummels at left-back, Kehl in defence, etc (or something similar). Why bother showing the line-up like that if they don't check/know what positions the players play in?

FEBRUARY 19, 20122011/2012 GERMAN BUNDESLIGA TABLE

OVERALL HOME AWAY  

POS TEAM P W D L F A W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts

1 Borussia Dortmund 22 15 4 3 47 14 8 1 1 27 6 7 3 2 20 8 33 49

2 Borussia Monchengladbach 22 14 4 4 36 13 8 3 0 24 7 6 1 4 12 6 23 46

3 Bayern Munich 22 14 3 5 49 14 9 0 2 34 3 5 3 3 15 11 35 45

4 Schalke 04 22 14 2 6 50 28 9 1 2 34 11 5 1 4 16 17 22 44

We have been scraping results recently, and Hannover will be tough on Sunday. I'm glad it's on ESPN though - I haven't been able to watch as many matches as last season, they were on practically every week then! Fairly lucky that Bayern are also struggling for form, and Schalke have a decent chance of getting a result there.

I expect Gladbach to beat Hamburg tonight but that's by no means a given, either.

The Munchings of Gladbach are 3/4 to win at home against Hamburg tonight. Usually I put 3 or 4 quid on accumulators but for this .... this I have placed €40 on the single. They've played 11, won 8, drawn 3. If that doesn't become 12-9-3 then I will become Worf levels of 'irritated'.

Â