The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Friday games are mental. I don't know what it is about them but the form book goes out the window because the whole country is watching that one game.

Oh and as for the Bundesliga. :wave: Cya, it was a fun season....

What's Hamburg's run in like?

Dunno why but I usually get a rush of excitement whenever a big club in europe flirts with relegation (apart from us obviously!) Hamburg going down would be massive wouldn't it, former european cup winners and regular in the top league (sounds like someone else dosen't it).

Mind you Bremen and Stuttgart were close to going down last season and both in the top 6 this season so who knows. The Bundesliga is beautifully mental.

urks me when people talk about sahin and his 'situation' its very different, sahin was injured when he came to Madrid a long term injury too plAyers like granero were performing well so dropping him for sahin is completely wrong, he is back now and is fit he had some game time last week for full 90 and looks match fit again, he will most likely start tonight.

What's Hamburg's run in like?

Dunno why but I usually get a rush of excitement whenever a big club in europe flirts with relegation (apart from us obviously!) Hamburg going down would be massive wouldn't it, former european cup winners and regular in the top league (sounds like someone else dosen't it).

Not just regular in the top league. They're ever-present. Never relegated from the Bundesliga.

As for their run-in, sadly it's piss-easy. 7,10,5,12,11,14 is the league position of their remaining opponents. Only Hannover in 5th are a top side and they even avoid the relegation battlers. Their final day game away to currently 14th placed Augsburg might be tasty but I suspect one of them will already be safe by then. Hertha, Augsburg & Frieburg all have much more difficult run-ins. Cologne's run is relatively handy too so they're by no means down yet either.

Yep, huge game. Can't wait!

It's a decider if Dortmund win, I would think. 6 points would be too much.

If Bayern win, then it's game on. They'll only be ahead on goal difference with 4 (or 5?) games to go.

Massive game

That was a great game. First 25 minutes of the second half was a bit of a lull, looked like they were going to settle for a draw, but then it got good again.

Robben had a nightmare!

I'm still yet to watch Mario Gomez put in anything close to a good performance. How he's got such an awesome scoring record is beyond me.

I'm still yet to watch Mario Gomez put in anything close to a good performance. How he's got such an awesome scoring record is beyond me.

Really? you've never seen a good performance from Mario Gomez? didn't he smash like 4 goals past Basel in the CL.

Top striker.

That's what I mean. He obviously is a very very good striker. I'm not denying that.

But everytime I watch him he looks crap. Admittedly I don't watch Bayern that much, but still.

Maybe I'm a jinx on him.

Â