The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Hi PieFacE, 

From my experiences it is hard to get tickets for BVB and to get 6 seems borderline impossible, most of their games seem to sell out ages in advance, so you might have to look online. There will probably be some fan clubs, but again it would be tricky to get 6 tickets.

There is a Schalke fan club (which I am a member of) and they got me 4 tickets for the Schalke v BVB derby in October where the atmosphere was incredible.

I had tickets sent from BMGB before and that was really easy, great service and only a couple of Euros (puts English teams to shame!!)

Hope that helps feel free to inbox me for more.

Watched the Nuremburg Schalke game last night, 0-0 but the home team had plenty of chances. Still no win for them, shame they were robbed last week though. Gave Kiyotake the once over, looks a decent enough player, good on the ball, lively always rrying to make things happen. Worth a punt at the right price I'd say.

Watched the Nuremburg Schalke game last night, 0-0 but the home team had plenty of chances. Still no win for them, shame they were robbed last week though. Gave Kiyotake the once over, looks a decent enough player, good on the ball, lively always rrying to make things happen. Worth a punt at the right price I'd say.

Yeah, he looked good. Villa should get him.

• Like 1

It's long been held on VillaTalk that the Bundesliga represents the best of the European Leagues, certainly in terms of entertainment and fan participation. But is that still the case? Attendances are impressive, but the league currently looks about as competitive as the Scottish Premiership. Bayern Munich are once again the runaway leaders in what is increasingly looking like a one horse race. On the flip side, we have a league that could quite feasibly be won by any one of 5 teams. That number would be up to 7 if United and Spurs weren't having uncharacteristically poor seasons. We have some fantastic players in the league, and while their presence may well be fuelled by the foreign investment, Bayern are hardly shy when it comes to getting the chequebook out. With this in mind, is it time to put to bed the fawning over German football?

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 2

It's changed so quickly though, it's only really now (and by that i mean that last season or so) that Bayern have moved to a different level. Before that it was a very competitive league for quite a while. In the past decade Bayern, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Bremen & Wolfsburg have all been champions.

The German model has looked like the best one, though perhaps now it might be time to change our minds. Bayern have just been cherry picking the best players from their rivals of late (Neuer, Gotze) and that does make the league boring.

It's changed so quickly though, it's only really now (and by that i mean that last season or so) that Bayern have moved to a different level. Before that it was a very competitive league for quite a while. In the past decade Bayern, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Bremen & Wolfsburg have all been champions.

The German model has looked like the best one, though perhaps now it might be time to change our minds. Bayern have just been cherry picking the best players from their rivals of late (Neuer, Gotze) and that does make the league boring.

Yeah I do recognise that it has been a brilliant model in the past, and as with everything, these things tend to go through cycles. The poaching of players between competing clubs is something we don't usually see in this country, or Spain for that matter (save Figo et al). Man City have poached a few Arsenal players, but you wouldn't see one team dominating transfers in the way Bayern Munich have done. City, for example, would be laughed out of town if they made approaches for Van Persie or Hazard.

It looks very much like Bayern Munich will dominate for the foreseeable future, and it's difficult to see what any of the other clubs can do about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Going on holiday to Berlin in March with 3 mates and we are looking to get tickets for the Hertha Berlin v Bayern game on the 25th March.

Anybody have any ideas on the best way to go in regards to getting tickets? 

Edited by hatacake

Thanks AVFC_Hitz. Yeah looks like it might be a struggle to get seats next to eachother.

We are looking at the Hertha v hannover game as a possibility as well if bayern isn't doable.

Either way it will be fantastic! Prefer the bayern game for obvious reasons. Hopefully the atmosphere will be good

Thanks AVFC_Hitz. Yeah looks like it might be a struggle to get seats next to eachother.

We are looking at the Hertha v hannover game as a possibility as well if bayern isn't doable.

Either way it will be fantastic! Prefer the bayern game for obvious reasons. Hopefully the atmosphere will be good

If you can't get to Hertha or Union, I heartily recommend going to see Tennis Borussia Berlin.  Used to be in the upper echelons of the league system back in the 70's, now in Berlin-Liga (6th tier).  As such, the Mommsenstadion's a weird but cool stadium to visit; far too big for TeBe's average attendance but as everyone's concentrated in the main stand the atmosphere's still really good (plus the currywurst in the restaurant is top notch).  We really lucked in when we went, as we got to see this affair:

Â