Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

And as I mentioned earlier - what the hell is happening to Warks ?  I don't like the look of this situation; clubs like Surrey get Ponting and now Duminy. Even the bread-stealers (Lancashire) have got a good Kiwi fast bowler for the rest of the season. If Warks slip out of the first division for want of bolstering the squad ........ I will join the One direction fan-club.

We literally have no batsmen, thanks to the enormous loans taken out with the council etc to cover the cost of the new pavilion etc. 

Yes but its only a year a go that we won the title, so we haven't become a bad team overnight. Warwickshire's way of playing is for the batsmen to bat out the overs and to wear the bowlers out so the lower order can take advantage. Problem has been we've been without Woakes most of the season, Barker has only just returned. Just when he was looking good we have lost Laurie Evans through injury so with Porterfield totally out of sorts theres no competition for places.

Yes the ground redevelopment has cut our purse strings but that isn't the reason. We've come 2nd and 1st in the championship in the last two years and we have also won and got to the final of the cb40 so its not all bad. We've also had a change of management with Ashley Giles getting the England one day job and Dougie Brown is the new director of cricket and he has his own ideas.

We also don't need bowlers. we have the best seam attack by miles. No chance of us going down either! Derby are Surrey and a lot worse.

Edited by PaulC

Anyone watching the ICC Trophy. Two great semi-finals to look forward to. I'd probably just go for a England V India final, but both South Africa and Sri Lanka have their match winners. jayawardene and Sangakarra are two class batsmen and Dale Steyn is up there with the best pace bowlers of all time. His S/R in test cricket shows that.

India are the favourites for me.

A lot of depth in batting and Jadeja is on fire in this tournament.

Quite agree and dhawan had been the outstanding batsman. Still fancy England to win it. Edgbaston is their fav ground and England have the best seam attack. They might need to replace Bresnan with Finn though

Tactically England are awful. Too content at plodding along and relying on a couple of players turning up. We're chasing 130 for fock's sake, Buttler has to open, not a plodder in Bell and Cook. Absurd.

Â