Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

off to Lords on Sat hope the weather holds up and hope they don't cotton on to my hiding a can of beer inside a Pringles tube trick .. the fascists will only allow you to bring in a small quantity of alcohol so the 4 packets of Pringles count as a small victory :)

Edited by tonyh29

Off to Lords tomorrow. Just been to John Lewis to buy a brolly in preparation.

First cricket match I've been to in 25 years. Bet I fall asleep at some point ;)

Off to Lords tomorrow. Just been to John Lewis to buy a brolly in preparation.

First cricket match I've been to in 25 years. Bet I fall asleep at some point ;)

That's half the fun of a test match. Drink, sleep and clap. 

Shout bollocky things....then snooze.

Right ! So now Villa are safe we can  start worrying about Warwickshire. Only seen 'em once this year - Pro40 v. Kent when we were 2nd best all through the match. Due to go to 4 day game but belting down here so don't know yet.  We could be missing a number of big names to International duty and have a nasty feeling we might struggle; any views ?

Not a good day for the bears, but Jim Troughton did carry his bat. Too many games early season for my liking.  At full strength Warwickshire would walk the league. But with injuries, England call-ups and lions call-ups our squad is being severely tested. Hopefully we'll come good in the second half of the season. Don't think we'll do anything in the pro 40 this season though and we never do anything in the t20.

I was watching at my dads yesterday and I thought when we had our usual collapse that we might struggle.

Looks like Broad and Anderson were pretty unplayable though :)

Root is good but he does seem a bit.. soft sometimes for England. But I do see a very good international test career ahead of him. I remember being failed to be convinced by a young lad called Cook too.

Yes but Boycott waged his 2 houses on England getting the runs against Pakistan a couple of years ago and they were bowled out by Ajmal and Rehman. Root is a great talent but silly comment from Boycott. Cook was younger when he got into the England team and HE'S STILL ONLY 27/28 NOW. So he has still got 8 years left in test cricket, he could beat Tendulkars record. 

Root is good but he does seem a bit.. soft sometimes for England.

In what way?

I don't know. I can't put my finger on it. There's just something. Maybe it's his rawness and naivety clouding my judgement. I think he'll certainly be really good though

Â