Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Not having an ashes test match at Edgbaston really pisses me off,even **** Durham has one. 

There are more International grounds that there used to be, Durham has never had an Ashes match, so I think it's only fair that they get one (plus I live in County Durham, and have tickets!), I am of the opinion that Edgbaston should always have an Ashes Test though, as our record there is very good, but you can understand why we've missed out this time. London gets 2 every time, which as much as that p*sses me off, you've got to understand the ECB's decision, as they always sell out. Lords will always get one, as it's Lords. The Oval is the biggest ground in the country, so again it's hard to argue. If you added Edgbaston as an ever present, you'd only have two Tests to get shared between Headingley, Old Trafford, Trent Bridge, Durham, Cardiff, and Southampton.  

I don't watch much cricket, usually only the Ashes, and Pieterson acts like a clearing in the woods every single time.

That's what you get with KP. Yes he's an arrogant git, but on his day, he's the best batsman in the world, and a joy to watch. He's capable of getting out in a ridiculous fashion, but by the same token he able to make a double ton. You want him in your side, I'd say.

Cook really does make some strange decisions as captain. On a overcast day why not bowl first - conditions that would have suited our bowling strengths against a team that would have been very nervous.

i think englands batting has been pretty poor for a while, and the bowlers have had to bail us out on numerous occasions this year.  hopefully they can do the same now, gotta fancy anderson to get a few if the ball keeps moving around.

Â