Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

excellent cricket. Even Compton played well for his 29 I think, I'm sure he'd love a 50 plus score this tour, to help his case but I'm agreeing with/deferring to the superior opinion of :P Boycs in that he's got the right attitude and application, just seemed to catch a particularly good ball.

Now this could be a black day for the Bears; Ashley Giles appointed to an England role with the T20 and ODI squads. I don't know if that means he will have to leave Warks but it will disrupt and winning team and he has been involved in some first-rate signings; Chopra and Wright to name just two. Wonder who they will bring in to replace him if he does have to quit Warks ?

Ricky Ponting announce his retirement. a true legend of game

Yep agree. He's a pantomime villain, and the man we love to hate. He's also a bloody good cricketer, and worthy adversary.

All the best Punter. If you fancy one last swan song in County Cricket, I'd love to see you turn out for The Bears!

• Like 2

I interviewed Essex bowling coach Chris Silverwood today. Rubbed a bit of salt in the wounds by asking him about Chris Wright!

What did he say; although (IMO) Chris Wright has come on in leaps and bounds since joining Warks. Did he acknowledge that it was a mistake or did you not pursue the topic ! :D

He didn't say it was a mistake, he just said it was just "one of them" in the way it didn't work out. Also said that him now bowling with the Dukes ball helps him a lot more. Did say he was chuffed with how he's played since he's left. Also spoke to a couple of the Essex team, Tymal Mills is an absolute brick shit house!

Chris Silverwood was brilliant though in fairness, really funny bloke. Paul Grayson and Matt Walker were there too, didn't get to speak to them two though.

It's going rather well, isn't in Snowster! 200 odd for 1. Got a good chnace in this one. WE need to bat to 500+ if possible .... which should be possible, as we're told it's a batting wicket.

I have just received a very alarming email from Warks CCC reminding me to renew my membership before 31/01/13 - fine. But ... it also said they were promoting a 'special offer' to see SHA at home in December - 2 games for £20 !!! Apostasy.

Joe Root's done well. Nice to see someone batting in a cap!

Also a welcome touch by one of the Indian fielders (Sehwag, I think) going up to him when they walked off for lunch and giving him a thumbs up and a well batted.

It's going rather well, isn't in Snowster!

Sorry, missed your post. I wasn't ignoring it.

Yes, it was/did. :)

Â