Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I just don't understand how bowlers can be such bad batsmen, when they're professional cricketers.

Do you think a goalkeeper should also be able to play as a striker?

When i played cricket for the school, I was a bowler. Batting never interested me

I just don't understand how bowlers can be such bad batsmen, when they're professional cricketers.

I don't know that they all are.

Unless they're real rabbits, drop them down a level or two and they probably look like decent players.

Edited by snowychap

Do you think a goalkeeper should also be able to play as a striker?

When i played cricket for the school, I was a bowler. Batting never interested me

That's completely different because GK's don't ever have to play outfield. Batting is a fundamental part of the game, regardless of whether you're a batsman or a bowler.

Ermm - what is going on at Warks ? Have only seen 2 games at Edgbaston and we lost both. Having endured a nerve-jangling season at the Villa, it looks like the Bears could be in the same boat. I know it is fairly early in the season but the signs aren't good. Lost again today to Northants. Any thoughts ? 

Ermm - what is going on at Warks ? Have only seen 2 games at Edgbaston and we lost both. Having endured a nerve-jangling season at the Villa, it looks like the Bears could be in the same boat. I know it is fairly early in the season but the signs aren't good. Lost again today to Northants. Any thoughts ? 

To be fair, in recent times it's been pretty common to struggle when you've won the County Championship the year before. Losing Giles obviously hasn't helped things either.

• 3 weeks later...

And as I mentioned earlier - what the hell is happening to Warks ?  I don't like the look of this situation; clubs like Surrey get Ponting and now Duminy. Even the bread-stealers (Lancashire) have got a good Kiwi fast bowler for the rest of the season. If Warks slip out of the first division for want of bolstering the squad ........ I will join the One direction fan-club.

And as I mentioned earlier - what the hell is happening to Warks ?  I don't like the look of this situation; clubs like Surrey get Ponting and now Duminy. Even the bread-stealers (Lancashire) have got a good Kiwi fast bowler for the rest of the season. If Warks slip out of the first division for want of bolstering the squad ........ I will join the One direction fan-club.

We literally have no batsmen, thanks to the enormous loans taken out with the council etc to cover the cost of the new pavilion etc. 

Yes I think you are right but that is poor management somewhere along the line.  Isn't it something to do with us not getting Ashes Tests; something like that and if so shouldn't assurances have been gained before launching into such a big project ?   I think we members are entitled to be concerned. 

Sod it; The Tour starts  soon.

Â