Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Personally, I'd bring him in for Bopara, think we need to go back to a 5-man attack.

Agreed ! Glad to see Sir Ian played well today.

Couldn't believe Warwickshire lost to Somerset - that could cost 'em the County Championship.

On the County scene the best news was Worcestshire thrashing Lancashire

In fact I would support a retired German S.S eleven against Lancashire - bread stealers !!

Who do you drop? Bresnan?

Personally, I'd bring him in for Bopara, think we need to go back to a 5-man attack.

That would make the lower order far too long. They are a good lower order against most teams but I can't see them scoring many against this Saffer attack.

Finn for the ineffective and disinterested Broad would be the best solution. If you read his twitter on day 4, he was moaning about the Oval pitch being sub-continent like. Dale Steyn certainly showed him the way of a how a true fast bowler operates i.e. take the pitch out of the equation.

Wickets are more important than runs. We took 2 out of 20. Something needs to change either way.

I've never got Broad in all honesty. Blows hot and cold way too often for me. One match he'll chip in with the bat and have a few wickets, the next he'll do **** all.

I've never got Broad in all honesty. Blows hot and cold way too often for me. One match he'll chip in with the bat and have a few wickets, the next he'll do **** all.

If you are old enough (this is not meant to be condescending) to remember his father playing you may recall his somewhat "suspect" temperament. Albeit - a good player on his day. But never as consistently good as say ... let me pluck a player out of the air..... IAN BELL !!

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Finn has really got to sort out the problem of his knee hitting the stumps at the bowler's end when bowling - the resulting dead ball is as bad as a front front no-ball. He would have taken Smith's wicket if he hadn't "dead-balled".

It's very simple - bowl from 6 inches wider at the crease.

Test Match going to the wire, out of nothing! High drama at Headingley. Still 3 results possible on Day 5! Trott & Bell in for England. Come on yooouuu Beeeaarrrsss!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest allegation about Pietersen's texts (in Sunday Times and Mail on Sunday, apparently) is that he was suggesting ways that SA might try to get Strauss out (and referring to him, in Afrikaans, as a dumb word removed).

Piss poor if true.

KP needs to just piss off, he wonders why he is hated in most circles, same thing with flintoff. Couple of words removed.

346 to win, Cook gone already. Opening batsmen have been terrible this series.

Â