Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Ah the return of test cricket! :)  Time to put the PJs away, and get back to some serious stuff.

West Indies: Devon Smith, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Marlon Samuels, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Jermaine Blackwood, Denesh Ramdin (capt & wk), Jason Holder, Jerome Taylor, Kemar Roach, Sulieman Benn.

England: Alastair Cook (capt), Jonathan Trott, Gary Ballance, Joe Root, Ian Bell, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Chris Jordan, Stuart Broad, James Tredwell. James Anderson.

Trott opens with Cook, and Stokes and Tredwell return to the fold. Intrigued to see how this works out.

Windies win the toss, and put England into bat...

40/3 on a very good batting wicket, and by the sounds of it, not particularly brilliant bowling. Oh dear :angry:

I didn't catch the earlier stuff but I've been watching the last hour and it isn't the easiest of wickets to bat on by the looks of it. There are no demons there but it looks a bit slow and difficult to drive on.

Don't know how the wickets went down (remarkably in all that time they haven't shown the fall of wickets - I thought that was almost obligatory every 15 minutes-ish!) so whether they were poor shots or down to mistimed drives or whatever else.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I was just going off what was being said on the BBC website, but I've also been watching for half an hour or so, and agree with you Snowy. Trott got out to a doozey by all accounts, not sure about Cook, but Ballance's wicket was a give away apparently.

• Like 1

I say it every time I see him bowl, but how is Sulieman Benn not a demon fast bowler? The hight and build of him, you'd think he was born to bowl quick. 

Mind Holder's a big lad, isn't he?!

Edited by dAVe80

Am I right in think Benn is the only player, from both sides, not wearing a black arm-band out of respect  to Richie Benaud ? If I am wrong I apologise but it would seem fairly typical of this yobbish individual.

Am I right in think Benn is the only player, from both sides, not wearing a black arm-band out of respect  to Richie Benaud ? If I am wrong I apologise but it would seem fairly typical of this yobbish individual.

I've no idea to be honest. I can't imagine it's a cold, calculated decision to disrespect Benaud, if he is. It's possible he changed his shirt or something. 

_60658721_aggers.jpg

Jonathan Agnew

BBC Test Match Special

"Sir Viv Richards has arrived, he has a media pass around his neck which I'd have thought is totally unnecessary - it's his ground, for goodness' sake."

BBC

Edited by dAVe80

Wow Worcester what a pathetic collapse. Began the day evenly poised about to start third innings and lost well before tea!

England copying that performance today a bit, alrhough Bell and Root at least ensured we'll havr enough on the board to have a first innings lead I think

Â