Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So, finally took ownership of my shiny new one X+ last weekend (a long story as to why it's taken 6 weeks, but nevermind). Rather awesome all these fancy google things I never got to see on Gingerbread.

Just wish Villa would start bucking their ideas up so I don't cry every time google now opens.

I just downloaded apex and a jelly bean custom theme so now my one x looks like a nexus. Sad I know but I much prefer it. Just wandering, does anyone know if this will drain the battery that's not that good anyway?

I just downloaded apex and a jelly bean custom theme so now my one x looks like a nexus. Sad I know but I much prefer it. Just wandering, does anyone know if this will drain the battery that's not that good anyway?

I'm not sure to be honest but I do hope you have a nice walk

• Like 1

Cheers for the phone tips guys. Kinda what I was thinking. She got the Galaxy Y in the end as she needed a phone today. It'll see her through the next 2 weeks until she gets her Note, then she'll have an emergency backup phone.

Anyone upgrade to 4.1.1 on their HTC One X (Vodafone) recently? I think it's made my phone worse! Cr@ppy keyboard, reset itself several times and the overall feel of it is just different, bad different. I thought updates were meant to enhance or improve your device?

Anyone upgrade to 4.1.1 on their HTC One X (Vodafone) recently? I think it's made my phone worse! Cr@ppy keyboard, reset itself several times and the overall feel of it is just different, bad different. I thought updates were meant to enhance or improve your device?

When I had a HTC (Hero and DesireZ) the general feeling was that 1 in 3 updates messed things up. Usually worked better if you did a factory reset after the update. Pain in the rear but I got to explore the world of backup-programs :) Titanium being the best

Get swiftkey man! Are you sure the resetting isn't down to the hardware? I'd contact HTC via live chat or telephone during working hours tomorrow or whenever and explain the situation regarding that. Doesn't sound right. Had no problems software wise with mine. But, as Tegis above I had to do a factory reset on my phone as I had WiFi trouble. Give that a blast if I were you but backup your stuff first.

What are general thoughts on the S3 mini?

I have an S2, but I'm due an upgrade in Feb or March. S3 or S3 mini?

Is it smaller, and nothing else? Or has the size hampered the software etc?

It's an underpowered handset cashing in on a premium name. If you want a high end phone then avoid it. Get a Nexus 4 if you can, or sit tight until May/June and get the inevitable S4.

What are general thoughts on the S3 mini?

I have an S2, but I'm due an upgrade in Feb or March. S3 or S3 mini?

Is it smaller, and nothing else? Or has the size hampered the software etc?

Whichever you get, stop the upgrade cycle and take control of your mobile.

Anyone know of a good music app similar to spotify or napster? Reviews suggest the android versions are temperamental. Using music hub at the moment but need to change cuz we've just purchased a Sonus 5:play system and I cant get it to work with music hub.

Google Music is a big feature of the Android ecosystem. You upload all of your music to the cloud and play it from anywhere. It's excellent.

Even if that doesn't float your boat, the Amazon MP3 app includes the cloud player.

Â