Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Could it have been a 7" Galaxy Tab? They are phones, but they do look massive.

Possibly.

He was definitely using it as a phone because he appeared to try and answer it first, obviously couldn't hear the person on the other end so then went to texting.

Either way, it looked a bit silly.

Also totally off topic, typed all this on new ipad, gosh darnit awesome piece of kit. Nearly nearly make me rethink my disdane for tablets. But compared to an ultrabook there's no contest.

You pretty much went on a one man crusade against the Iphone and Apple saying you wouldnt touch one with a bargepole.

I look forawrd to you Iphone 5 review in September

How times change :shock:

It was more the iPhone than iPad. I think I've always been pretty good to the ipad.

My disdane has always been for the iPhone, as Android phones improved in all areas as the customers demanded and ended up miles better than an iPhone. The S2 to 4S in my mind is like a giant chasm

I think I'm right in saying it's a shocking state of affairs that the latest iPhone still has a tiny 3.5 inch screen, and lacks many fundamentals Android has, yet has utterly zero advantages over android bar being an Apple product.

iPad is different, it is without question the best tablet around hardware and software. I'd never be interested in one though, the sheer thought of using **** itunes to put something on it makes tremble. Still though, awesome piece of hardware that can't but impress.

Signed up to Ovivo Mobile. It cost £5.00 to join and you get 200 mins, 200 texts and 500mb of data free each month - nothing else to pay.

I have stuck the sim in my sons mobile instead of him using giffgaff.

Basically if they fold after a month I am still £5.00 better of than a £10 giffgaff Goodybag.

They do a 1gb data only sim card for the same cost if anybody is looking for a cheap way to run a 3G Tablet/Ipad.

I just ordered the Song Xperia S and it should be here tomorrow. Excited that I can now join these threads and argue about whether iphones/android is better.

I'm getting it in white.

Off to LA tomorrow, wanted to get instagram to take some photos. Still got the Samsung Galaxy S and can't seem to install it. Can't decipher whether the phone is incompatible because its too old or some other reason. Any tips would be appreciated.

They keep trying to sell me the white one, I refuse to crack. I'm patient enough to wait for the Blue.

My mate has it though, thinks it's awesome, says battery life is unreal compared to S2

I like the way the screen size is creeping up but the phone size isn't changing too much.

But from what my mate thinks it's a worthy upgrade from the S2, excellent screen, better battery, better camera, blazingly fast.

Samsung seem to be keeping customers in the their Galaxy. Will I not own a S4? When their phones are so impressive there is no reason to desert them bar being bored with Android.

Hopefully the Blue ones ship soon enough.

Currently debating whether to pull the trigger on one of these but a lot will depend on what happens on Monday. I have a sneaky suspicion the next iPhone will be announced along with ios6, if the changes aren't big enough I'm jumping ship.

I like the way the screen size is creeping up but the phone size isn't changing too much.

But from what my mate thinks it's a worthy upgrade from the S2, excellent screen, better battery, better camera, blazingly fast.

Samsung seem to be keeping customers in the their Galaxy. Will I not own a S4? When their phones are so impressive there is no reason to desert them bar being bored with Android.

Hopefully the Blue ones ship soon enough.

My HTC Desire died day before S3 launch in NZ. Would rather have blue but really good two week deal on from Vodafone and no guarantee they bring it back when blue arrives.

Battery is insane. My HTC desire used to run out after 14 hr of average usage.

Charged S3 on Tuesday night. Wanted to run it down fully before doing next charge. Thrusday night couldn't wait as I wanted to go to bed so charged it for the second time as it had got down to 15%

Over 48hrs!!!!

Maybe havent been using it as much as Desire as haven't reloaded all the apps and such but fark me...

ICS is a major reason for the battery performance in the S3.

Conor, surely you're bored with Touchwiz as opposed to Android? The Samsung version of Android's UI is really quite different to vanilla Android. In fact, as interfaces such as Sense and Touchwiz change it so much between manufacturers, the only thing common to all Android phones is the apps, so are you saying you're bored of those?

darren I don't really use apps, I just like my phone for internet, music, tv shows and photos. I might pick up the next Samsung nexus though to give vanilla android a go, but I really want to try windows phone on a good nokia.

Also by the sounds of it the S3 is already a hit. Wonder how many they'll ship.

Â