• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MON's comments are a message to Man City to say we are happy to keep James and have no concerns about James throwing a sulk to get a move so the ball is in their court if they want the player.

I think the next move for the club if they want to show City we hold all the aces is to lodge a few mid-sized bids for a few players to show we are not desperate for their money.

I think the next move for the club if they want to show City we hold all the aces is to lodge a few mid-sized bids for a few players to show we are not desperate for their money.

starting with Ireland :winkold: :lol:

Hang on wasn't there a good few pages on this thread all about MON trying to push Milner out the door? I wonder if those people will carry on complaining using that theory to justify it?

I'm glad we take this stance, we have good players and I'm sure we will continue to buy good players and standing up to the likes of Liverpool and city really does send out an excellent message.

Oh and it's nice to hear that randy and the chief exec are heavily involved in transfers. Maybe now we can stop putting the sole blame for wages on just the manager and make out that poor randy has no idea.

The General has said in the past that it's just O'Neill and Randy involved in transfers, and they have nothing to do with the CEO. Something must have changed.

I'd take £22m or equivelant value for Milner as long as we are guaranteed Ireland. If we don't sell him within the next 2 weeks I think we should keep him and start forcing the transfers of Sidwell, Shorey, Heskey, L.Young, to raise funds for a striker & a RB.

I do think we would be better off without Milner now though, RB and striker is essential (I will struggle to watch Cuellar slump around in that position again this season) and if we can't afford them right now I'd take this big wod of cash Citeh are offering.

Are we talking again? Yay!!! Huggles.

I'm sure randy and MON make the big decisions but I'd be surprised if no one else at the club was involved in the finer details of contracts and payments.

You know I love you too much to let an argument get in the way. Maybe you're right, but the General was quite specific a while ago about the CEO having nothing to do with transfers.

When it comes to a CEO, his/her efforts are not focused on the Football side of the house...that is the purview of the man charged with running that side of the house...in our case, MON. MON does have people who help him with transfers...he has lawyers, coaches, scouts, etc. etc. He does not need a CEO looking over his shoulder...and he does not have one

I think that's fairly specific.

Why does everyone keep saying 'unhappy player'?

Milner has NEVER hinted or said outright he is unhappy here. All that is ever mentioned is that he wanted to talk to City. If he is looking for trophies then I don't blame him. Lets be honest, he is more likely to get a trophy at City than at Villa at the moment isn't he? Yeah he might play a bit part, but he might play first team. We don't know.

The point is, the guy has options. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to stay here if City don't meet Villas valuation. He's hardly tried to force a move has he?

Would anyone take 15-18mil and Stevie Ireland & Micah Richards?

Obviously, but that's massively over-inflating Milner's worth in my opinion.

£18m cash

Plus say, £12m Ireland

£8m Richards

If we do a deal that includes Ireland, I'd say it's more likely to be £12m cash plus Ireland, making the deal worth around £25m in total.

£18m cash

Plus say, £12m Ireland

£8m Richards

If we do a deal that includes Ireland, I'd say it's more likely to be £12m cash plus Ireland, making the deal worth around £25m in total.

Widely reported that Ireland is for sale for £8 million.

Haha I've missed you risso.

You're probably right in terms of CEO being involved in this transfer.

My point was more towards the opinion that when dealing with things like wages MON is on his own and no one else has an opinion.

"Top four remains a possibility but to win the title, you need to have the squad. City will have 28 or 29 top-class players available." - MON 27/07

So selling our best player, out of the smallest squad in the league? Whilst every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov.... nice one mon. Don't let the door hit you...

So selling our best player, out of the smallest squad in the league? Whilst every other member of the squad is annoyed and fed up with you apart from Petrov.... nice one mon. Don't let the door hit you...

Yep there's another one

£18m cash

Plus say, £12m Ireland

£8m Richards

Widely reported that Ireland is for sale for £8 million.

I don't think City value anyone that is surplus to requirements as highly as they should be. How about 10mil and Micah & Stevie? I think personnally it is the best way to go.

Mon is now talking more professionally about Milner instead of the counter productive "come and get the little bugger" message that he gave out in last thursday's interview, which probably knocked five million off Man C's valuation straight away.

Has Randy had a word with our Mon about how to negotiate in the media? Or has Mon been learning from the many pearls of wisdom found here on VT? (Trent in particular told Mon what words he should have used in the first place)

Whatever the outcome of the Milner saga at least we have regained control of the situation with just a few well placed words.

"Top four remains a possibility but to win the title, you need to have the squad. City will have 28 or 29 top-class players available." - MON 27/07

Congratulations. :D

trophy.png