What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

A good £10m profit in a short space of time. MON now needs to go and get that flair player that we've been missing - with the wages he was going to offer Jimmy of c£70k a week and £20m i'm sure we can pull of a right marquee signing that will appease us fans.

LOL

Sorry - but that was my natural reaction.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good £10m profit in a short space of time. MON now needs to go and get that flair player that we've been missing - with the wages he was going to offer Jimmy of c£70k a week and £20m i'm sure we can pull of a right marquee signing that will appease us fans.

And what is to say that MON would spend all money, if he was to be given all the money from the sale, to spend on one player when we need more than just a replacement for Milner?

And what is to say that MON would spend all money, if he was to be given all the money from the sale, to spend on one player when we need more than just a replacement for Milner?

Nothing at all. Maybe he won't need to hopefully.

I am actually quite happy now that we know where we stand and that this issue will be resolved, and even better if we get the kind of money we want for one of our most prized assets.

Having said that, I don't think it will easy to replace him and I don't necessarily believe we can do a lot more with +£20m, than we can with Milner. Finally MON will have to prove his worth where it counts. Sadly my thrust in him isn't as good as it used to be. Time will tell I guess.

Is that the last seasons away shirt with blood on it ?

Bye bye Milner Hello Ireland Hart thank you and good night.

What about Barry back Bellamy Ireland Barry and 5 million ?

or delete Barry and 10 million ?

C:\Users\paulmartin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\08QAWKP0

Thats a link fail right there Paul Martin :)

how do you get picture up here then ?

Go onto the main forum, then onto testing, it tells you all you need to know in there mate.

I must say that I would find much of this hilarious if some of the comments on here weren't so damn right disgraceful, it only takes a few Chinese whispers to get the lynch mobs mobilised doesn't it.

Currently, pretty much the only concrete quotes we have are quotes such as these:

“I had a conversation with James before the World Cup and he intimated that he'd like to go,"

"I'd imagine things will be resolved in foreseeable future."

"City made an offer but it did not meet our valuation.”

"I'm sure matters will be resolved soon. James is back next week having had extended holiday."

“As the chairman mentioned, maybe it is a case of probably having to sell to buy. That is something I’m delving into at the moment"

So lets imagine how the conversation referred to above possibly went:

MON: “James, Man City have been enquiring about the possibility of buying you this summer, whilst we obviously think you are a tremendous player, very valuable to the club and someone we would deem to be a key player for us over the next few years, considering the money available to them, Man City might make an offer for you the club would deem too good to refuse. Would you want, or be willing, to join them if such an offer comes in?”

Milner: “Well boss, as you know I've been very happy here over the last couple of years, you have given me some great stability over that time, helped improve my wing play and also played me in the middle where last season I felt I could really express myself and haven developed even further as a player. I've got to say that I would be perfectly happy to stay here, it's a great club with a great chairman, manager and some great players and fans, though of course the opportunity to join Man City is a very exciting one. Man City look like they are on their way to becoming one of the biggest clubs in the world, they already have some top world class players at the club and undoubtedly will be challenging for the Premiership title and possibly European honours within the next few years. I think any player would be excited at the prospect of being part of that, and whilst it's got a very competitive squad already, which will probably only get stronger, I have the confidence in my ability that I could work my way into the team and also develop further as a player with such class players around me. I'm sure the money would be pretty good as well! I've got to say then that it's a pretty attractive proposition for me as well then boss.”

MON: “Ok thanks James, I have to reiterate how much we value you and what a loss we think you would be to the club, I think you have been absolutely fabulous, obviously then it's going to have to be an amazingly good offer for us to accept, you will be a hard player to replace. I feel confident however that we can come to an arrangement that would be mutually beneficial for all parties concerned. We will take this further now and see what develops, obviously the world cup is coming up so we can can get this all firmly resolved once you return to the club after your holidays.”

And so here we are. Obviously the above is completely made up but IMO it possibly represents something similar to real life events. I think it is highly likely the club want to sell him, 2 years great service and a return of double our initial outlay is some pretty good business, especially if we can replace him for half that return and strengthen the club further. Indeed it falls within the business model set out by Randy recently and the last quote of Mon's above reiterates that policy. A few of the previous posts made statements such as “after Milner's actions” “Milner should put up or shut up” yet he has done nothing or said nothing and no one on here knows the actual true context of the quotes we do have. And yet what do some fans on here do? Come out with some absolutely disgraceful comments about a player that as far as we actually know based upon the evidence, has been a model professional since he has been at the club and might even be doing what the club want him to by going to Man City.

Some off the fans on here go on about loyalty, maybe they should consider that loyalty should be a two way thing.

Nothing at all. Maybe he won't need to hopefully.

Perhaps we might have to put up with Sidwell and Petrov as our dynamic duo next season, with Osbourne to back up.

Ooo you dont want to go there!

Woodytom, do you just have an alarm set so that you're informed whenever I post something on here!! :winkold:

I agree, life is about taking risks and playing it safe can be monotonous or detrimental to your cause. But I really don't think that it would have been much of a risk for him to stay here an extra season or two. He has, probably, another 10 years left of his football career. He's coming up to his peak and would surely be able to get a move to a different, if not bigger, club in the next few years.

But let's not get into another discussion of how our views on Milner's future completely differ :D

Lets be honest rob, you live for my replies. They are an inspiration to you and thousand of other Villa talkers. :D

Ha!

On one hand, yes.

On the other hand, I have a rock ready to throw at you!

“As the chairman mentioned, maybe it is a case of probably having to sell to buy. That is something I’m delving into at the moment"

Shouldn't this have been sorted out BEFORE the end of last season. Not midway through the transfer window, into pre season?

Shouldn't this have been sorted out BEFORE the end of last season. Not midway through the transfer window, into pre season?

Its fine, we've still got 3 weeks until the start of the season :bang:

I wish O'Neill would give a straight answer once in a while. Either we have to sell to buy or we don't, its simply and he should bloody know which it is by now. If he doesn't then perhaps he shouldn't say anything.

I get the feeling that Martin was fed up with this long drawn out transfer saga and wanted us to know that Milner had made it very clear to him that he wants away. I also think he may be desperate for some cash to do other deals (such as Keane) and without the money from Milner he risks missing out on targets. I guess Manchester City are aware of this and will be in no rush to do a deal. I think the deal will end up being nearer £20m than £30m. They might make the £2m add on hard cash and add up to say another £2m to that but I can't see them going above £22m and doubt anyone else would do so. They might suggest we take one of their players so that the actual fee we may be forced to accept is clouded but it seems they are prepared to play hard ball with us but spray the cash everywhere else. Milner will say nothing other than he is moving to aim for the title when we all know that money is the real reason. As for a loyalty bonus what has he done to merit one?

And as we all know MON talks in riddles so please don't take anything he says literally, it's a game he has with the media

Not angry with Milner, it's important to be realistic when it comes to modern footballers. Yes, we'd like them to not be a bunch of pricks but they are.

The bigger concern is whether O'Neill can spend the money wisely.

Its fine, we've still got 3 weeks until the start of the season :bang:

I wish O'Neill would give a straight answer once in a while. Either we have to sell to buy or we don't, its simply and he should bloody know which it is by now. If he doesn't then perhaps he shouldn't say anything.

Trent surely you know as well as anyone he isn't talkig to US he is talking to the likes of Cittee, Sullivan et al...... you know he loves to play games with them.

Trent surely you know as well as anyone he isn't talkig to US he is talking to the likes of Cittee, Sullivan et al...... you know he loves to play games with them.

No sorry on this occasion I don't buy that, what possible game is he playing with the likes of City or Sullivan with the comments he has made?

Sullivan - Will see the comments and say, "so what, if you want my players I will still want a high price"

City - Will see the comments and think, we we can play hard ball as they player wants to go and they need the money to be able to buy.

Its a terrible thing to come out and say in terms of negotiating, there is no logical advantage to be argued for in his comments.

There isn't a game there at all. I could agree a lot of times but not on this occasion.

I also think that given the circumstances its a pretty poor way to communicate with the fans personally.