What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Its a pickle of a situation, £25m in the bank is a great return for Randy but how here-invests that amount into the team could be a defining moment of his tenure as owner.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone just mentioned last year they got Barry and we got Dunne; I know who got the better deal there. I am sure MON will try to do that again this year. If selling one of our better players again helps us move on like last year then we might actually win a cup this year. :)

So you work for a firm for 2 years, do a good job and then some other firm offers YOU double your money. What do you do? & if you say "stay out of gratitude & loyalty" I'll call you an 'effin' liar!!

I never boo former players but i think i'll break that habit for Judas Jimmy when he comes back to Villa Park. I hope his career goes down the drain.

I just don't get this.

We signed him for £12 million.

He's played well for a couple of years.

We'll sell him for double that.

It's a pretty good deal all round to me.

Is it though? What if City refuse to up their bid from £20m. We are left with an unhappy player that we will lose for less next year or selling to moneybags Citeh for a knockdown price without enough to adequately replace a current english international.

It's quite possible that we have heard nothing from Citeh since the inital bid, but with Milner not looking interested in signing a new contract, O'Neill has gone public to try and coax them into making another bid.

Time to move on. At least we know where we stand now. Rinse Citeh for all we can get but I don't think he can stay now that his head has been turned.

Its not his fault, every player has a price and I'm sure the majority of pros want the best career they can have financially and in terms of being sucessful. Taking of my claret and blue glasses, he has more chance of doing this at Citeh and has clearly thought it through.

We maybe could have got him signed up earlier in the year but too late since the World Cup.

City have currently only offered 18mill plus 2mill add-ons.

They will need to get nearer 25 to get him i think, nowhere near 30.

Agreed Jez, £30m is paper talk, it will be closer to £25m when complete.

I just don't get this.

We signed him for £12 million.

He's played well for a couple of years.

We'll sell him for double that.

It's a pretty good deal all round to me.

I agree with everything you say. I would also add I would hope the majority of the money is spent on younger players rather than players who only had a few years left.

Milner has made it clear that he would welcome the opportunity to complete a switch to Eastlands, with Villa's latest offer of a new deal turned down point blank.

That contract would have made him the highest paid player in the club's history, but money is no longer an issue.

****, LOL.

I am churned up about all of this to be honest.

On one hand, I can't really blame the guy if he wants to go to a club that obviously has more money and more intention of making the Champions League dream come true. The reality is that they have more chance of success that Villa, in the near future. The money will be bigger too, whether or not he plays regularly is another matter!

On the other hand, I really liked Milner. I thought he had a bit of a slow first season but last season he looked the part for us. You can tell what the club think of him from the way The General talks about him. I thought he was the kind of player that would be faithful to us for giving him a real decent chance of playing at a higher level and more regularly. I mean, what was his senior England career looking like before he signed for us?

To sum it all up; I have never booed or hated a Villa player that has returned after leaving us. But, with the way I feel right now, I can see me making an exception when Milner returns to Villa Park. I applauded Gareth Barry last season, because he can say that he gave us over 10 years loyal service, playing in many positions for the good of the club, and after lots of false dawns decided it time to try his luck somewhere else. Remember that this guy had never been involved in a transfer and was deserving of at least one decent financial move, when you consider that he is nearing the end of his best playing days.

I can't say the same about Milner. He has given us a couple of seasons, of which one of them was average. The first sign of the ££££ signs being flashed in front of him and he wants away. To me, there is not an ounce of loyalty being shown there and I find that unforgiveable.

It's very interesting that previously, with Gareth Barry and Liverpool the club stood up and said that he was going nowhere to begin with.

Perhaps our willingness to do a deal to a point where the manager is now conducting interviews saying the player will be sold is an indicator to the lack of cash available for transfers this year.

One really good season at Villa and it looks like money has taken over his judgement. With the ammount of midfield talent at City I can see Milner warming the bench reguarly. Now that he has made it clear he doesn't want to be at Villa (the first stable club he has been at) I now want him to go. Milner may find financial security at City, but he may well end up being a frustrated on the bench. I hear they want Ballotelli and Donovan too, more wingers.

If we can get Ireland out of this debacle and a bit of cash, I'll be a happy lad. We can improve with the money.