What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

The last two premiership young players of the year have been signed by the manager and funnily enough the amazing James Milner was signed by the very same manager who looks to be doubling his money with his sale. Why is it crazy to think we'll sign someone decent with the money?

I trust MON to find one or more very good players for any money generated. As you say, our manager has done some really good business. I just doubt there are many players out there able to fill Jimmy's shoes that are willing to come to us and can have an immediate enough impact so as to not harm our season. Maybe Downing is ready to step up? I have a feeling he will do a good job for us this year.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets face it........ man united couldnt even keep hold of Ronaldo when Real came calling, Arsenal similar with Fabregas, and im sure itll happen to Pool with Torres ........... Villa have got no chance when the big boys start circling......

Also don't know whether this makes any difference, but David Platt has joined Mancini's backroom staff, he coached Milner at U-21 level!

Given fatboy's coaching reputation (probably the worst U21 coach in terms of results for decades) I would have thought it would be more likely to put him off

I know. If any news was to uninspire anyone at Citeh's prospects it's the news of Platt joining. **** awful awful awful coach.

28 million should buy you players like Fabregas, not a hard working honest midfielder with an occasionaly poor first touch and heavy pass. I loved Milner here, but for 28 million he's replaceable, and always, even if it's the 31st of August, MON will have a solution.

That is one **** ton of money. I mean really.

I would miss Jimmy, but christ on a bike, £28m? Give me Rodallega, Ireland and Parker this summer in return and I'm happy to ferry them all to Villa Park. I'll even drop Jimmy off on my way up.

Of course, there's every chance the money is wasted. Would be a golden opportunity this....

Totally agree,

I fact, if we even got ONE of the players above as a replacement for JM, I would be chuffed.

Very hard to turn down 30M, I really fancy Downing in the centre but only with a 5 man midfield or a good defensive midfielder with lots of energy behind him. Milner was fantastic last season but if he wants to go get rid and have a little faith in MON to use the money well.

if he goes then I think Delph needs to be in the first 11 from the off. I think delf and gabby should be involved together as well. I think delf with his skill can hold the ball up very well and he looks good in the air and for a young lad has a bloody great vision.

I think he would offset gabbys caveman smash and run tactics pretty well.

Is Delph not out until close to christmas?

Yes he is.

£28m for milner is too good to turn down but I don't trust MON to spend the money wisely. We really need to kick on next season finishing 6th 4 seasons in a row would not be good. By my count we now need to buy a RB, two CM's and a Striker and that's just for the first team. Starting the season with 4 brand new players in your first XI with possibly another 2-3 squad players on the bench. Not sure MON has the transfer nous to make it work...

What's all this he won't spend the money wisely?

MON's signings last summer

Downing 12Million

Delph 6 Million

Dunne 6 Million

Warnock 8 Million

Collins 5 Million

Was that not money spent wisely, people will say Downing however we all knew we wouldn't see the best of him until this season anyway.

If Milner goes for 28 Million, which i'll be astonished by the money and we'll find a replacement.

I can confirm Martin O'Neil made his first purchase of the season last night something I honestly believe will give us maybe an extra 18 points minimum !

He bought Alex Fergusons watch in the auction . Very funny moment actually and showed how well he actually gets on with O'Neil he was sat on the top table with AF . No there was nothing forthcoming other DJ Spooney saying to MON does that come out of the Milner money . Villa as you would expect are making no comment about Milner but from the City end it's all but done .

I can confirm Martin O'Neil made his first purchase of the season last night something I honestly believe will give us maybe an extra 18 points minimum !

He bought Alex Fergusons watch in the auction . Very funny moment actually and showed how well he actually gets on with O'Neil he was sat on the top table with AF . No there was nothing forthcoming other DJ Spooney saying to MON does that come out of the Milner money . Villa as you would expect are making no comment about Milner but from the City end it's all but done .

Brilliant, when Spooney came out with that was there no comeback from MON?

Brilliant, when Spooney came out with that was there no comeback from MON?

Nothing but in fairness he won't comment in public about it . Spooney also said to AF about another auction prize of 4 tickets / travel with the squad to a Champions League Game does it include all of the squad . AF said yes and Spooney said can you guarantee Wayne Rooney will be there as he went missing in South Africa . Ferguson like him or loathe him very decent bloke down to earth bloke outside of the media . Anyway back on topic !