What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I used to like City, loads of young talent coming through, some great years and some awful years in recent times, entertaining and honest. But since the money came it is as if that is now their personality, they now market themselves as a big wad of cash! When they are interested in a player their only angle is "we will give them more money than any other team will" and they are so aggressive in doing so. I'm not having go at any City fan but to me that is really sad for a club that used to be so much more.

I know money is a huge part of the game now but I would hate for Villa to down a similar route, I know we now have Randy with a good bit of money and I am delighted with it but we have retained what we are all about under his ownership all while progressing on the pitch.

Not really sure what my point is, other than love what Randy is doing at the club...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we´ll have to face it, Milner will leave. Just hope we can milk them for as much as we can.

Whatever we may think and hope, Man City will be up there in the title race next season IMO, Aston Villa will not. That and a much higher wage from city, he is gone....

He can stay at Villa and possibly break the CL in the next five years, or he can move to City and probably break the CL in the next five years.

i genuinely disagree with this, i think we have just as much chance as you do of breaking the CL in the next five years.

I know this is a matter of opinion, but seriously?! We don't have anything like the same chance, we need to face up to the fact that Citeh are now a much more attractive prospect than villa for players and not just for the money. With the resources they have I'd be amazed if they don't qualify for the CL next year.

You've dragged me out of bed to type this message on the computer, after viewing the thread on my phone.

I'm utterly astounded by some of your comments. I must remember you are just ONE Manchester City fan, and the majority are not like you. I live in Mancunia, have done since I was 8 years old, it's a beautiful place full of wonderful Citeh fans. You, however, are not one of them.

Another person who feels perfectly entitled to give an opinion on somebody's character because they've read a post they've written on the internet. You are correct when you say that most City fans aren't like me. If you think I'm bad, you should try and visit us on Bluemoon.

How dare you say the best thing about Randy Lerner is that he isn't Doug Ellis. I'd tell you to go ask my Granddad about the old so great Doug Ellis, the man who stopped him from going to watch his football team play for well over 15 years. The man cost us for many, many years. Unfortunately, my Granddad never got to go to VP and witness the Lerner takeover, he'll be smiling up stairs though, I assure you. The man has been a godsend to this GREAT football club.

I didn't say that, I said that Lerner is the best thing that has happened to you, because he isn't a dick like Ellis. Re-read my post.

Won a European Cup 28 years ago? You dismiss it with such animosity and contempt. My Dad and Granddad went to that final. We have pictures around the house of that glorious day, the glorious day my dad and granddad went to go watch their football team, Aston Villa, win the European Cup - the highest accolade in European club football. Doesn't matter if it was 8 years ago, 28 years ago, 280 years ago, we've won it. Manchester United, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa. That's an all mighty list my Mancunian friend, not. The list speaks volumes. When my Dad tells me about that day, I see it in his eyes and I hear it in his voice, it's real, it was genuine, it was the most amazing day of his life, so don't you dare dismiss it as something the Villa won "28 years ago". To many people on this message board it felt like yesterday.

Right, so what you are saying, is that winning a European Cup in living memory means that you're a top club? Just as Forest must be twice as big as you then? I can dismiss it as something Villa won "28 years ago", because..well...err...Villa won it 28 years ago. I know it's a pain in the arse, but unfortunately, facts are more important than emotional, sycophantic and utterly pointless rants on a forum about your grandad. You fail to address absolutely any point, and your main argument seems to be "you're a bad man because you thought that something that happened nearly three decades ago is irrelevant to the current standing of the team".

James Milner may go to Manchester City, so what if he does. I don't know about everyone on this message board; but I support the VILLA. I live down the road from both these Manchester Clubs, and yet you'll find me driving down the M6 every other Saturday to go watch MY team, MY club, MY life. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter. Aston Villa is so much more than that, you City fans used to feel that way too. God help me if I ever end up dismissing fellow football fans like you.

Didn't you dismiss me in the first paragraph of your rant?

Besides, don't try and talk to City fans all about loyalty mate, especially the ones who have been to all the divisions that we have been. From Rotherham, to Santander, to the Faroe Islands and everywhere in between. I've watched my club stand in the shadow of the biggest club in the world, in their most successful ever period, during our worst ever period of time, watching from a stand that didn't even have a roof on it. I loved and supported my club when we were in Division Two and nearly bankrupt. I will still love and support my club when we are rich and chasing the Champions League. It doesn't stop because we were taken over by Sheikh Mansour (who if people bothered to read anything up on, would stop with their bullshit stereotypical views of 'rich Arabs'), just as it didn't stop when we were ran by Peter Swales.

The one thing that City has always been is a big family. This is an often overused saying, but the facts of it bare out with reality. We invest a shedload in our local area, we support fans in trouble, hell, the yearly meetup/pissup for forum that I'm an admin on was held at City for free and included a gig from Manford. We have always looked after each other and we continue to to this day. Don't think that because many dickheads who haven't a clue about football spout their nonsense about my club, that we have turned into what they say. We are still the same people who were pulling in 30 thousand fans in Division Two.

I constantly hear the 'classless lottery winners' tag, and y'know what? We did win the lottery, but **** it. I've watched my club go from near bankruptcy to near bankruptcy, and consistently snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. We as a club were wrecked by Swales in the 80s and never really recovered until now. I have spent my whole life following a team whose biggest day out in recent years was a draw against Gillingham. So perhaps, at times, we do come across as inpatient or disrespectful or whatever but I don't think I particularly care that much. We've been laughed at for years and always handled it with our trademark gallows humour, why can't we have our 15 minutes of success before we revert back to type and inevitably find some way to **** up having trillionaire owners?

I'm just hoping that we win the Champions League before some bastard invents a good solar powered car or something. Knowing our luck, someone will run over Tevez in one the day before the derby.

I do apologise. Probably should have read your posts throughout rather than jumping on a few replies I had seen to your messages.

Good luck to yourself and Manchester City.

Guys, thanks to both of you for this moment of sheer quality.

Passion and humility are the best combination of qualities that football supporters can have. This interchange has them both in spades.

True, but we've seen only last week that you don't win anything with a team of self-important rocket polishers.

Different. England is full of shooters and aggressive players. World class, but lacking in technical ability. That's why they failed, IMO.

But Citeh this year have Johnson, Silva, Robinho etc AND they have English style players as well - Ireland for example. They have everything, from an attacking standpoint.

True, but we've seen only last week that you don't win anything with a team of self-important rocket polishers.

Different. England is full of shooters and aggressive players. World class, but lacking in technical ability. That's why they failed, IMO.

But Citeh this year have Johnson, Silva, Robinho etc AND they have English style players as well - Ireland for example. They have everything, from an attacking standpoint.

I'm sure you know Ireland is not English but he is not an English style player either and is likely leaving.

I'm sure you know Ireland is not English but he is not an English style player either and is likely leaving.

I think he's pretty similar to Gerrard and Lampard.

I think he's pretty similar to Gerrard and Lampard.

No he's not, he's a dinky, dribbling, through ball kinda guy. Milner would be their Lampard/Gerrard if he joined. :(

His name should really give that away. lol

A City source said: “It’s not signed and sealed yet but we are confident it’s a done deal. Things are now moving fast and we are hoping to wrap up a deal by next week.”

I hope we put the price up to £40m , arrogant rocket polishers

A City source said: “It’s not signed and sealed yet but we are confident it’s a done deal. Things are now moving fast and we are hoping to wrap up a deal by next week.”

I hope we put the price up to £40m , arrogant rocket polishers

I won't be happy at all if he goes for the £27m everyone is spouting in the media.

It doesn't stop because we were taken over by Sheikh Mansour (who if people bothered to read anything up on, would stop with their bullshit stereotypical views of 'rich Arabs'), just as it didn't stop when we were ran by Peter Swales.

The one thing that City has always been is a big family.

I've just read on wikipedia that Sheikh Mansour has 2 wives.. so yup.. big family.

It doesn't stop because we were taken over by Sheikh Mansour (who if people bothered to read anything up on, would stop with their bullshit stereotypical views of 'rich Arabs'), just as it didn't stop when we were ran by Peter Swales.

The one thing that City has always been is a big family.

I've just read on wikipedia that Sheikh Mansour has 2 wives.. so yup.. big family.

You realise how pointless this statement is in the grand sheme of things surely?

Not from the Villa so it's not cast iron but from the City end at the Belfry today at the Alex Ferguson Golf day are saying it's 28 mill done deal now with City . We will see but I am not surprised at all