What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Money has been ruining football years before even that evil Thai gobshite took over Man City. Its not their fault.

And Villa have played their part too.

It doesnt mean we have to bend over and take it just because they come a sniffin'.

We can tell them to do one you know.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt mean we have to bend over and take it just because they come a sniffin'.

We can tell them to do one you know.

Which is what we should, and I suspect will, do. Pay the money we want, which will be much more to our liking than yours, or jog on.

There are two things killing football - owners with very deep pockets and the champions league which is generating revenues for the big clubs that make them so much wealthier than their competitors.

Both of these need to be addressed for football to be competitive again.

I would be happy if the best teams will play in special european league.

Well, your CEO is the biggest tosser in the sport. Sorry, in Sport.

He may not be bankrolling City, but its a point worth making.

Met him a lot have you? Know him well? Cooke happens to be very good at his job, which is running the day to day operations of City. As a bloke, he's a bit of a fuckup at times and his passion runs away with him, but it comes from a good place, so I can't really complain. I've met him a few times; he isn't the best CEO in the world, but he isn't exactly the Portsmouth boys. He upsets people because he doesn't respect the football hierarchy, and isn't shy of being honest in public.

You must understand that before, you were just an annoying team that came up and down the top two or three divisions and had an occasional day out at Old Trafford, now you lot act like everybody should pay you some sort of respect because you have won the lottery. You havent even bought any success yet.

We have a wealthy owner, we're a top club and we're ambitious and we dont want or need to sell our best players. Dont come on to Villa sites expecting us to be nice to you when we really hope you just **** off with all your money and go bust.

But if we have to do business with you then we'll take the piss out of you because its our prerogative. If you dont like it, look elsewhere. Please.

No offence, just being honest.

You're a top club? How exactly do you become a top club then? Finish fifth for a few seasons, dump yourself out of Europe then sell your captain? Oh wait, it must be all that stuff you won 20 years ago that makes you a top club, because league positions are automatically decided beforehand once the teams sit in a room together and decide who has the better history.

Lerner is the best thing that ever happened to you simply because he isn't Doug Ellis, and all of this talk of 'ambition' is entirely misplaced and it seems that loads of people on this forum get caught up in it. EVERY club is 'ambitious', from Real Madrid to Torquay, the only difference between those two clubs is the reality of their ambitions. Your whole "we'll take the piss out of you" argument is just daft. I hardly think selling your prized asset to us for a tiny percentage of our transfer budget is taking the piss. You guys can deal with us at £30m, or deal with another team at £20m, presuming that Milner does want to leave (and there is no guarantees of that). What do you think is better for your club as a whole? We already finished above you last season and with the signings of Yaya and Silva imminent, as well as the team being a year older, I would imagine that we'll kick on again this year. You can sit here talking about your history and your top clubs all day long, I don't desire City to ever be one of these so called 'top clubs' after meeting the fans of them. I'll happy to be "ikkle Citeh", with "no history" in the eyes of every other fan if it meant that we were successful. I'm pretty sure that most of you people would be the same.

They do, its called the Champions League. And its mostly shit.

:lol:

No I was talking about the idea of euorpean league. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc would play in this league not in premier league. R.Madrid, Barca etc will play in this legue too but not in Primera Divison.

I think this World Cup has done nothing to make this deal happen. Citeh will be like a child looking in the candy shop window for the rest of this World Cup. Milner has been put in the back room whilst other midfield players stay in the front window and when they say "I want that one" they will no doubt be given the money it takes to get him (whoever he may be). I think they may look elsewhere to splash their £30m and if Milner looks to see what the move has done for Barry he might do best to stay where he is.

We already finished above you last season

Yes it was amazing the points gulf between us all those millions created Damocles and how many times did you reach Wembley? I think on balance ours was the better season but yes I anticipate spending another £100m may see you "kick on" and I think your own words suggest you have already in your own opinion become a "ikkle Chelsea", with "no history" who will buy success and describe the likes of us as "you people". Oh and by the way Lee, Bell and Marsh like Osgood, Greaves and Hudson showed that both you and Chelsea had some history before you had money but we have history that goes a lot longer back...

Well, your CEO is the biggest tosser in the sport. Sorry, in Sport.

He may not be bankrolling City, but its a point worth making.

Met him a lot have you? Know him well? Cooke happens to be very good at his job, which is running the day to day operations of City. As a bloke, he's a bit of a fuckup at times and his passion runs away with him, but it comes from a good place, so I can't really complain. I've met him a few times; he isn't the best CEO in the world, but he isn't exactly the Portsmouth boys. He upsets people because he doesn't respect the football hierarchy, and isn't shy of being honest in public.

You must understand that before, you were just an annoying team that came up and down the top two or three divisions and had an occasional day out at Old Trafford, now you lot act like everybody should pay you some sort of respect because you have won the lottery. You havent even bought any success yet.

We have a wealthy owner, we're a top club and we're ambitious and we dont want or need to sell our best players. Dont come on to Villa sites expecting us to be nice to you when we really hope you just **** off with all your money and go bust.

But if we have to do business with you then we'll take the piss out of you because its our prerogative. If you dont like it, look elsewhere. Please.

No offence, just being honest.

You're a top club? How exactly do you become a top club then? Finish fifth for a few seasons, dump yourself out of Europe then sell your captain? Oh wait, it must be all that stuff you won 20 years ago that makes you a top club, because league positions are automatically decided beforehand once the teams sit in a room together and decide who has the better history.

Lerner is the best thing that ever happened to you simply because he isn't Doug Ellis, and all of this talk of 'ambition' is entirely misplaced and it seems that loads of people on this forum get caught up in it. EVERY club is 'ambitious', from Real Madrid to Torquay, the only difference between those two clubs is the reality of their ambitions. Your whole "we'll take the piss out of you" argument is just daft. I hardly think selling your prized asset to us for a tiny percentage of our transfer budget is taking the piss. You guys can deal with us at £30m, or deal with another team at £20m, presuming that Milner does want to leave (and there is no guarantees of that). What do you think is better for your club as a whole? We already finished above you last season and with the signings of Yaya and Silva imminent, as well as the team being a year older, I would imagine that we'll kick on again this year. You can sit here talking about your history and your top clubs all day long, I don't desire City to ever be one of these so called 'top clubs' after meeting the fans of them. I'll happy to be "ikkle Citeh", with "no history" in the eyes of every other fan if it meant that we were successful. I'm pretty sure that most of you people would be the same.

an absolute perfect example if any one wanted one of the reason why Man Citeh will kill the game stone dead

Richard could i just a question? iirc you started a thread directed towards mr lerner asking, if he would/could not provide enough funds to take us to the next level, to sell to some one that could. so if in your opinion city are killing the game, would you be happy for us to do the same?

If a player wants to go, and someone is waving 30m pounds at you, you sell the player...and hopefully you use that money wisely to buy two top class players resulting in a new improvement for your team.

Exactly so.

Modric cost 16.5m, which is a lot of money but still a definite bargain (IMO). With 30m Villa could, if they spend it wisely, acquire two players that are just as good than Milner: there are such players out there, maybe at clubs in England, or else in continental Europe and elsewhere, for whom 15m-ish would be an absolutely irresistible fortune.

... with the signings of Yaya and Silva imminent, as well as the team being a year older, I would imagine that we'll kick on again this year. ... .

I wouldn't bank on it if I were you. A collection of big-money players is one thing, but it's quite another to develop a gelled team that fits together well, is adapted to the Prem, has the right balance, has team spirit and fights hard.

PS. Regardless of who you sign I fully expect Spurs to stuff you in the opening league fixture ;)

THE WORLD CUP IS OVER. WHY HASN'T HE SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT!!!!!!

I'M VERY CONCERNED

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Yillan you should make your sarcasm a bit more noticable - a few think you're being serious!!!!

(please tell me you're not :winkold: )

IMO Man City wont be interested in Milner now. He failed to make enough of an impression at the World Cup as to satisfy the show off demands of the Sheik. He'll want somebody with a bigger profile who made a splash during the Tournament perhaps Ozil or Thomas Muller.

IMO Man City wont be interested in Milner now. He failed to make enough of an impression at the World Cup as to satisfy the show off demands of the Sheik. He'll want somebody with a bigger profile who made a splash during the Tournament perhaps Ozil or Thomas Muller.

I dont think thats correct...he will go for the players mancini wants. If the city manager wants big names he will go for them. If he wants Milner he will bid for him. I think its obvious Milner instrests them and they can if they want too bid a ridiculous amount...

Milner's experience in this world cup should be a warning to him about football teams whos expectations are far greater than their actual ability. The sorts of pressures that these City players are going to be under over the next few seasons will be imense.

One day man city may become this all powerful club, but it will take more than millions of pounds and theres going to be alot of careers either ruined or damaged with this wild spending in order to win things. If you dont peform for one game or may be two, then your out! Sit on the bench or play for the reserves, the owners wont be bothered, they dont need to be, their so rich.

Man City are just the latest team to take advantage of the flawed Premier League system. The team with the most money nearly always wins, its only the colour of the shirt that will change. UEFA, to their credit, are trying to change this.