What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Each day, i type 'James Milner' into Google, and each day more and more worrying transfer news pops up about him. Lately it has been about us facing up to the fact that he is already going.

I know many people say £30million is too much to pass up, and maybe he might be thinking about going, but I'm still adamant I want him to stay. There must be something the fans can do to keep him here. The usual response would be to have banners and signs, and show him huge support at games, but obviously these aren't currently viable options.

Basically, I was wondering how other people genuinely felt , and what ideas they may have to at least put up a fight to keep him. Even if they are outrageous or futile, at least we could say we tried.

If he wants to stay he will. We shouldnt go beg him or anybody to stay at Villa.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know hes not a Villa fan, but if James Milner, the most professional footballer known to us, is prepared to jump shit to Man City for the sake of money then football really has become the preserve of the mercenary.

Milner is one of the last few individuals who i have faith in as a footballer. If he lets us down, then that will kill football that little bit more for me.

I know hes not a Villa fan, but if James Milner, the most professional footballer known to us, is prepared to jump shit to Man City for the sake of money then football really has become the preserve of the mercenary.

Milner is one of the last few individuals who i have faith in as a footballer. If he lets us down, then that will kill football that little bit more for me.

how will he be letting us down?, his loyalty is to himself and to money, next season he will be where-ever the best deal for james milner is, if that is away from villa then so be it, he is a self employed professional footballer, and will always chase the best contract, its not letting anyone down, its just the way it is

If we can get 30 million net with only a small negative effect on the club, then it will be a good deal.

If the sale destablisies us, causes O'Neill to walk and/or long term player unrest then I don't think it will be worth it.

It did the power of good for the club to stand up to Liverpool over the Barry saga

how will he be letting us down?, his loyalty is to himself and to money, next season he will be where-ever the best deal for james milner is, if that is away from villa then so be it, he is a self employed professional footballer, and will always chase the best contract, its not letting anyone down, its just the way it is

How would he be letting us down?

Do you not think that he owes us more than 1 good season since we payed over the odds to resurrect his career, helping him to become one of Englands most established players?

Personally, I think he does.

if he goes then i see it that there is no more loyalty in football. JM is one of the last pros in football out there.

Don't want him to go. But if he does we just move on.

Do you not think that he owes us more than 1 good season since we payed over the odds to resurrect his career, helping him to become one of Englands most established players?

agreed but what if the club agree to sell him?

agreed but what if the club agree to sell him?

I get the impression that he'd only be sold if he stated that he wanted to leave. I just cant see Oneill ushering him out the door for the sake of the money.

dont sell him for f*** sake...personally i think we are one class striker away from being a very very good side..but then again if he wants to leave there are not much you can do about it i guess..but it's so annoying,Mon walks in and makes barry a better player and an england regular..and he is off..does the same with milner and now it looks like he is off aswell..MoN must be pulling his hair..

paying over the odds, and possibly selling for way over the odds, football is a business, the clubs are here to make money, you may not like that but thems the facts, players come and go, the villa remains the constant, if he goes, he goes, no amount of moaning/whingeing/whining on the interweb is going to do anything about it, best to remember how good he was while he was here than get all worked up about him leaving.

if we get 30m for him,i'll give him a cross bar to Manc land on my bike..people can say what they want but Jimmy isn't worth that kind of money he's good but not three million less than David Villa good..

I think its very stupid expecting someone to not go and try establish themselves in a better side for more money if they arent a chilhood fan of either team... it happens all the time, almost every player does it, so why all of a sudden is it so wrong?

Lets not kid ourselves here, City will soon be a better team than Villa, they are the richest club in the world ffs, money brings players, players bring success. He will also probably get paid twice as much. I dont want him to go, but hed be an idiot not to, and O´Neil would be an idiot to not let him go for 30 million. Hes simply worth nowhere near that to any other club in the world.

He will only go if MON decides he can go, that may be influenced by what Milner wants but as with Barry, it may not. Milner is a sensible lad he wont throw his dummy in like Barry, Dwight........Especially after MON made a stance with Barry, the players now know that it is very difficult to force MON hand. If they do try they are in for a very rough ride.

IMO Milner is not irreplacable over 2 seasons, he would however be hard to replace for next season and if we want to push on then we need to keep him and further invest (a striker is a must) MON will know this and im sure Randy will as well.

What will happen? Milner will stay another season and sign a one year extension to his contract, if we dont push on next season then MON will allow him to leave. The lads still young, we have another great chance of winning something (or top 4) and he may even increase his value over next season, its a win win.

Ok so at your work, a company has recruited you, paying you a bit more than you should be getting, then 1 year/18months later, a big competitor of theirs comes along and says - here's an extra 30k a week to come here and do exactly the same job? You would snap their hand off.

I dont see why footballers are any different. We live in a world revolved by money, and if you want to improve your life and get paid more for your career....

Well i'd certainly be off if i was in Jimmy's shoes to be honest.

Better pay and also better career prospects to be honest.

Let's be honest, much better opportunites of being involved in big champs Lge games at City in the near future. Whilst Villa are busy securing 6/7th.

The irony of all this is that Milner will go to Man City for big money and, upon his return to Villa Park, will either receive a decent or, at worse, a neutral reception.

Gareth Barry, one of our longest serving players through thick, and mainly, thin, who ensured that we received a decent fee for him when he departed, was booed upon his return.

That's why players don't take supporters into consideration when pondering a move.

The irony of all this is that Milner will go to Man City for big money and, upon his return to Villa Park, will either receive a decent or, at worse, a neutral reception.

Gareth Barry, one of our longest serving players through thick, and mainly, thin, who ensured that we received a decent fee for him when he departed, was booed upon his return.

That's why players don't take supporters into consideration when pondering a move.

Seriously? There can be no comparison whatsoever between the way Barry left and the eventual Milner departure.

There's a reason why Mellberg is a Villa hero and Barry is a judas to most Villa fans.