What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If we do let Milner go, and at the moment I think its a possibility, then what sort of message will that send to the other players.

Will they think that we are not serious about progressing any further and are happy to see our best players leave. Cant imagine it will do much for the morale of the rest of the squad

Well, of course not, no-one wants to lose one of our best players.

But that's football, isn't it? Whoever you are. Manchester United lost Ronaldo last summer, Arsenal might lose Fabregas to Barca this summer. The question is what you do afterwards. Spurs lost Carrick and Berbatov to United but have still built and got fourth.

Hope he stays though. But if not, good luck to him, as I'm sure he'll leave in "the right way", and the club will go on.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club I can tell you do not want him to go and both Manager and Owner are totally in sync with this . We do not have to sell when Lerner talks about selling to buy he is talking about the players that are not in the team or maybe the plans .

The three players above all they don't want to sell are Ashley Young / Milner and Gabby in that order in my opinion .

Prrsonally we get anything above 25 mill and he says he wants to go then let him go . He is good but certainly not anything that we couldn't replace or use the money to improve the team .He has had a great season but I just don't see it that he is really top notch I really don't , sorry maybe with time but not now .

I dont really see what all the fuss is about, yeah great player but if we got a load of money for him and that money was used wisely then so what and if he stays then great as well. Theres no point in suggesting various players because then you get into a tit for tat argument about the merits of players and invariably people dont agree. All i'll say is when we first signed Milner I doubt many saw him being as good a player as he turned out to be and that there would be this much attention and reaction on him.

Its also not us about being a selling club at the end of the day city have loads of money and that talks and united have success which also talks.

There are only a handful of players in the world that you could argue are irreplaceable and we dont have any of those players anyway.

He has had a great season but I just don't see it that he is really top notch I really don't , sorry maybe with time but not now .

Pretty much sums up my feelings. He ISNT going to be the next Stevie G.

Take the £25-30m, buy someone better and still have change left over to put towards a top class striker.

I dont really see what all the fuss is about, yeah great player but if we got a load of money for him and that money was used wisely then so what and if he stays then great as well. Theres no point in suggesting various players because then you get into a tit for tat argument about the merits of players and invariably people dont agree. All i'll say is when we first signed Milner I doubt many saw him being as good a player as he turned out to be and that there would be this much attention and reaction on him.

Its also not us about being a selling club at the end of the day city have loads of money and that talks and united have success which also talks.

There are only a handful of players in the world that you could argue are irreplaceable and we dont have any of those players anyway.

This sums it up perfectly !

Fine, but surely we must try to get well over £25m for him? FFS, Citeh paid £24m for Lescott (all after me now...who?)

Fine, but surely we must try to get well over £25m for him? FFS, Citeh paid £24m for Lescott (all after me now...who?)

Hear hear. 30 mill plus.

well, I REALLY hope he doesn't go, I think he will be a significant part of our future, but if he does, I'll tell ya one thing....That's the last time I ever pay to get a players name and number on my new shirt! Pah!

;-) Gary

If we do let Milner go, and at the moment I think its a possibility, then what sort of message will that send to the other players.

Will they think that we are not serious about progressing any further and are happy to see our best players leave. Cant imagine it will do much for the morale of the rest of the squad

Well, of course not, no-one wants to lose one of our best players.

But that's football, isn't it? Whoever you are. Manchester United lost Ronaldo last summer, Arsenal might lose Fabregas to Barca this summer. The question is what you do afterwards. Spurs lost Carrick and Berbatov to United but have still built and got fourth.

Hope he stays though. But if not, good luck to him, as I'm sure he'll leave in "the right way", and the club will go on.

Same for me.

I'd take 20m cash and Onouha and Ireland.

Onouha would nicely beef up the defence, Ireland would give the midfield some much needed creativity and together with sales, we'd still have 35m to find a top striker and another central midfielder.

Important to not be so melodramatic about this, Milner is a very good player but they all come and go, Yorke came and went as did Barry and we still had a good season last year.

He has had a great season but I just don't see it that he is really top notch I really don't , sorry maybe with time but not now .

Pretty much sums up my feelings. He ISNT going to be the next Stevie G.

Take the £25-30m, buy someone better and still have change left over to put towards a top class striker.

I think he is top notch and if MON used him correctly, as an ACM playing off Gabby and in front of NRC/Stan and Delph, then I believe he could be as good as Gerard or Lampard in the near future.

True but unfortunately and as you probably know the transfer market doesnt work like that, Milner is at least twice the player Lescott is but we wont get £48m for him. United paid £30 odd million for Berbatov yet Barcelona have only paid a similar amount for David Villa. Marlon Harewood cost us £4m does that mean I have a transfer value?

£25m is a lot of money for most players and that amount would allow us to bring in two very good players.

well, I REALLY hope he doesn't go, I think he will be a significant part of our future, but if he does, I'll tell ya one thing....That's the last time I ever pay to get a players name and number on my new shirt! Pah!

;-) Gary

....please, please buy one next season.....with HESKEY on the back....(sorry, off-topic !)

Yorke came and went as did Barry and we still had a good season last year.

I am not sure in the case of Yorke we ever quite got over his loss; looking back the money never really replaced him.

We signed Merson and Dublin from his sale.

We were top of the league for half that season aswell before yet again not strengthening in that january.

The following season we finished top 6 again, reached the league cup semis and the FA cup final so similar to last season.

Someone like Yorke might've made the difference but we still made a decent fist of it without him, just didn't again strengthen for the second half of that season.