• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last post on this topic, lets enjoy the World Cup because nothing will happen with Milner until he returns. Capello has already stated he does not want transfers discussed in SA.

I thought Citeh are trying to push the deal through before WC starts?

or we could wait until 2pm today when milners interview at the training camp is on SSN, as we all know the press wont be able to help themselves asking the question, but i think he wont come out and say he's staying but what he does say and how he say's it will give us an indication.

If they start talking 30M then I think you may see a different response form the club as 30M would cover our total summer outlay I think

Problem is every player we went for would suddenly be a few million more expensive.

This.

That's why we should have a replacement and hopefully a striker lined up by then.

as the general has stated randy wants the best for the villa

What if Randy thinks what is best is taking 30 or 40M, clearing some debts and funding our summer transfer spending?

What if he wants to change it into 1 pence pieces and pay for his Waitrose shop by counting it out at the till?

What the hell will we do then?

Did he not actually buy Milner, then, and if he did, what has changed so we don't now believe he can make similar purchases?

He did indeed, a long with Young, Downing other good signings.

How about signing players to use in squad rotation, players he trusts, that going to happen with all this money from Milner?

Did he not actually buy Milner, then, and if he did, what has changed so we don't now believe he can make similar purchases?

He did indeed, a long with Young, Downing other good signings.

How about signing players to use in squad rotation, players he trusts, that going to happen with all this money from Milner?

I imagine that will happen..

Like I've said above, Barry left but only when it was on MON's terms. I anticipate if Milner leaves it will be similarly on his terms. Barry's departure didn't set us back as it allowed/prompted MON to improve the team as a unit. I expect a similar outcome if Milner goes.

or we could wait until 2pm today when milners interview at the training camp is on SSN, as we all know the press wont be able to help themselves asking the question, but i think he wont come out and say he's staying but what he does say and how he say's it will give us an indication.

Wait.. What? Milner interview?

What if Randy thinks what is best is taking 30 or 40M, clearing some debts and funding our summer transfer spending?

Then if thats what Randy thinks and MON agrees, I'm all for it.

With respect, the person who originally posted the comment was saying that he didn't think we would take a silly offer as Randy would not think it in the best interests of the club, like you I think an offer of 30M plus would be too good for the owner to turn down. I was just saying to the original poster that his interpretation of what Randy feels is in the best interests of the club and what Randy actually feels is in the best interests of the club may in fact be at odds wtih one another

What if he wants to change it into 1 pence pieces and pay for his Waitrose shop by counting it out at the till?

Exactly. Who knows what Randy thinks is in the best interests of the club other than Randy, which is basically the point of my response!

Exactly. Who knows what Randy thinks is in the best interests of the club other than Randy, which is basically the point of my response!

i think that if RL tried to sell Milly against MON's wishes, MON would simply resign.

With respect, the person who originally posted the comment was saying that he didn't think we would take a silly offer as Randy would not think it in the best interests of the club, like you I think an offer of 30M plus would be too good for the owner to turn down. I was just saying to the original poster that his interpretation of what Randy feels is in the best interests of the club and what Randy actually feels is in the best interests of the club may in fact be at odds wtih one another

i agree i was just saying i dont think Randy is motivated by big money offers for players, his interest is ASTON VILLA, and he trust MoN, and if MoN doesnt want to sell he wont regardless of the offer, plus i cant see milner playing up like GB.

im fairly confident Milner will be in our beloved Claret and Blue next season.

Just thought I'd give you lot a head-up, if you didn't know. Milner will be giving an interview on SSN at 2pm!

I would be shocked if he gave a direct answer regarding the bid from Man City, he will most likely say something like:

"the most important thing at the moment is concentrating on the world cup with England", at which point some slimy journo scumbag will try and push the point again and an England representative will step in and say "no more transfer questions please".

This will of course fuel the fire with regards him being likely to leave....cue pandemonium on VT.

Why do people think Randy will want to make any decision on this?

Randy doesn't care from a financial position whether Milner is or is not in the squad. Martin decides whether we are better off keeping James or cashing in on him. Any money we get for James will go towards player purchases so it doesn't affect the club's financial position (i.e. Randy's position) in the slightest whether we sell him or not.

In short, this decision is down to O'Neill. It all depends on what he has planned for us this summer. James is happy and Randy will be happy regardless.

i agree i was just saying i dont think Randy is motivated by big money offers for players, his interest is ASTON VILLA, and he trust MoN, and if MoN doesnt want to sell he wont regardless of the offer, plus i cant see milner playing up like GB.

im fairly confident Milner will be in our beloved Claret and Blue next season.

Not to mention that surely Milner feels he must owe the club at least some gratitude given that he's finally arrived whilst playing for us, MoN's seen the best in him and made him the central figure, literally and metaphorically, this coupled with the fact that he's still young enough to give us another couple of years and still be courted by the biggest and best should ensure that we have at least another 12 months of Jimmy to enjoy.

If we don't make top four next season though he'll be nailed on to leave, a la GB.

How could Milner resist the lure of champions league football with Citeh??? Oh wait.... they're in the same European competition as us!!!

Ok, they could destroy us with wages but Milner appears to be more than that IMO - he shows pride in being a professional footballer and clearly loves the game.

Our club have improved Milner as a player ten-fold and he knows and appreciates that too.

At the beginning of the season, all talk was of Young going to the World Cup and Milner a possible 'wild card' but he's almost certainly booked himself on the plane to S Africa, whilst Young has been left behind.

I don't think much will come from the SSN interview today - he'll give the standard 'concentrating on the WC' reply to any questions of a move and that will be that.

I seriously do not expect any bids to be entertained until after the WC and following talks between us and him over a new contract.

Citeh continue throwing cash around and each time it just cheapens the club's reputation IMO

SSN acting like he is definitely going tbh.

TBF they exist on this kind of thing so it's to be expected. I can actually here that f**king grey haired Scottish dickhead pre-saucing over it already :rant:

SSN acting like he is definitely going tbh. (I don't think he will) but they seem desperate for it.

Rolling 24 hour news channel desperate for content will try every angle and hope they are right.