What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Think it'd be more sensible to get it sorted before the world cup to be honest.

why?

surely if he has a superb WC, his price rises even higher?

If he doesn't play much, or doesn't impress, then they may not go much higher, and we don't sell him.

I don't see why we should sell him now, or at all, TBH.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might not want to sell him but we might just fancy the money.

well indeed.

If it gets to the silly money stage, which to well might, then at £30m+ with add ons, MON may feel he could use that in better ways .....

They'll have to pay waaaaay over the odds to get this player, IMHO.

But if MON simply thinks money is irrelevant, that this is his most important player, then I don't think there will be any pressure from RL to sell him. MON may prefer to make what he can on other players.

Think it'd be more sensible to get it sorted before the world cup to be honest, but we've never done things quickly so I guess it'll drag on now for the next two months.

Milner’s value will increase if he has a good world cup; he and his agent know that and I suspect he will want to see what Villa have to say after that. Villa if they are tempted to sell or see the inevitiable will wait for his value to rise, and also to see what it flushes out. If Man U are interested they might come in with a lower bid with the knowledge that if Milner moves he can choose where he goes. Man U seem to be a more attractive proposition?

But who knows...

Nothing will happen until after the World Cup - that's when Milner will sit down with the club to discuss a contract extension.

If he's not happy with the offer, then we may listen to offers.

But until then - regardless of spurious and consistant tabloid 'exclusives' - Jimmy Milner will remain a Villa player and no offers will be entertained.

(IMO I fully expect JM to sign an extension with us too)

For me the price is £30m and he can go for that (or players plus dosh equivalent). It's ridiculous money. David Villa just moved for £34m ffs.

I hope he doesn't go.

Even with the money MON will spend it on overpriced English or English based players.

Its not like he is going to pick up a few cheap foreign gems in the mould of Arteta is he, and really strengthen the squad with players he trusts to rotate.

For me the price is £30m and he can go for that (or players plus dosh equivalent). It's ridiculous money. David Villa just moved for £34m ffs.

Why don't they go and get players like him then instead of our bastard players all the while.

I hope he doesn't go.

Even with the money MON will spend it on overpriced English or English based players.

Like, errrrr, I dunno, James Milner? :lol: :winkold:

Why don't they go and get players like him then instead of our bastard players all the while.

Is that rhetorical?

But David Villa is not British. Doesn't that "8+ British" rule come into effect soon? If so, that would have an effect on Milner's price.

Is that rhetorical?

Well, can you answer it?

I really would like to know. There's far more midfielders out there they can go for with that money like Fabregas who has popped up. Like I said before they only go for decent players from the clubs around them who are deem'ed a threat to them. Lescott, Barry, Adebayor and Toure, Milner now...

I think this will entirely depend on what Milner wants to do.

If they sit down and Jimmy says he wants to go then I reckon we'll let him go (not without driving the price up hugely). If Jimmy doesn't then we won't sell no matter what the price (within reason, don't think MON would start turning down bids of 50 million ;) )

Fortunately, i think if there is one player in the country who'd turn down extra money over a regular place in a team in which the fans adore him, it's James Milner.

UNfortunately, I have a funny feeling even that won't save us. I reckon we'll see Milner go for closer to 30 million. I just pray MON uses that to buy someone good to replace him!

Why would he want to go there and get lost in the shuffle of crap midfielders they have. He can continue his development no better anywhere else and he will have a team built around him here. Think about it Jimmy. If he wants this, I will lose all faith in footballers. I could perhaps understand him wanting to go to United, but not this.

Different positions I know but if anyone thinks Milner and Villa are on the same level are having a laugh...

That is why I never thought I would say it but if we could get 30m+ we should definatley consider....

What about Barry + 20m !!!! (Joke!!)

I hope he doesn't go.

Or err, Marlon Harewood, Nicky Shorey, Steve Sidwell. ;)

Is that rhetorical?

Well, can you answer it?

Because he (and players like him) wouldn't go to City and because teams like Barcelona are after players like him. Players like that demand Champions League. So City, at the moment, have to try and buy the best players from teams outside the Champions League or else pay ridiculous wages to bring disenchanted players like Robinho, Adebayor or Tevez away from CL teams.

But David Villa is not British. Doesn't that "8+ British" rule come into effect soon? If so, that would have an effect on Milner's price.

In fairness James Milner is not David Villa, as much as I love our jimmy he isn't worth £30m even to Manchester city. It's a stunning amount of money that for a very good, but not world leading player. We may see Arron Lennon start ahead of him in the world cup.

I love our Jim but we couldn't turn that sort of money down I don't think.

20 million is really a derisory offer..... we paid 12 million for him ffs and look how much he's come on since then

Man City paid rediculous money for De jong they can pay rediculous money for milner 30 - 35 million + or **** off

I hope he doesn't go.

Or err, Marlon Harewood, Nicky Shorey, Steve Sidwell. ;)

touche.

although i don't think they were especially overpriced (a tad maybe, not much). It's just that they were crap, that was the problem. :winkold:

I too think it simply has to be 30m-35m!

Not because he's quite as good as that valuation but because

1. If you want to take one of your closest rivals best players you simply have to pay above the going rate.

2. They have made a rod for their own backs ALREADY with the amounts paid for Lescott, DeJong etc..

3. It is now a ridiculously unlevel playing field with the likes of Chelsea & Man City awash with cash so if one of those 2 come in (& as rumours have it both want Milner) then the money simply has to double if not triple to enable clubs like ours to at least try to compete in the transfer market for some players.

Basically the transfer market is inflated because of these clubs so it is only right & proper that they should have to pay way over the odds for players as they are responsible for the crazy prices we will have to pay for adequate replacements anyway?!