The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Backlash was pretty weak. 

Rollins - Miz was the match of the night. Still haven't seen a bad match from Seth in a while, and boy do the crowd pop for him. Should be main eventing. 

Orton - Hardy was good. 

Nakamura - Styles was decent, but the end? Not happy. 

I switched off after that, **** Reigns as main event? Piss off. 

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

Backlash was pretty weak. 

Rollins - Miz was the match of the night. Still haven't seen a bad match from Seth in a while, and boy do the crowd pop for him. Should be main eventing. 

Orton - Hardy was good. 

Nakamura - Styles was decent, but the end? Not happy. 

I switched off after that, **** Reigns as main event? Piss off. 

Yep it was proper shit and the Charlotte flair Carmella match give me a break. Charlotte beats aksura and loses clean to Charlotte what stupid and unrealistic booking

• Like 1

Yeah the booking was strange, Carmella (who I think is a great heel!) shouldn't have won clean, but at the same time she needed to win clean to be seen as a legit champ. I quite like Carmella, she is growing on me. 

All Out sold out in somewhere between 30-60 mins. Pretty impressive, it was clearly the right decision to hold it in Chicago. 

Nothing yet to make WWE run scared, but if, as the hope of most fans is, this becomes a yearly 'indie wrestlemania' (and showcase for the resurgent NWA title), then they'll have to take note. 

NJPW's US G1 Climax Special hasn't sold out, but there's no matches announced yet. If Omega wins the strap at Dominion, though... 

I was fortunate enough to attend IPW UK & CZW's joint 'Extreme Measures' card at the weekend. Great show, and I got to witness a death match featuring Matt Tremont in person! Thought it'd never happen. 

On 15/05/2018 at 07:53, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm off tonight to the genting arena. Taking my son to it for one of his birthday presents. 

Did you, and more importantly, your lad enjoy it? Best moments? 

10 hours ago, hogso said:

All Out sold out in somewhere between 30-60 mins. Pretty impressive, it was clearly the right decision to hold it in Chicago. 

Nothing yet to make WWE run scared, but if, as the hope of most fans is, this becomes a yearly 'indie wrestlemania' (and showcase for the resurgent NWA title), then they'll have to take note. 

NJPW's US G1 Climax Special hasn't sold out, but there's no matches announced yet. If Omega wins the strap at Dominion, though... 

I was fortunate enough to attend IPW UK & CZW's joint 'Extreme Measures' card at the weekend. Great show, and I got to witness a death match featuring Matt Tremont in person! Thought it'd never happen. 

Did you, and more importantly, your lad enjoy it? Best moments? 

His mum took him in the end, because it was just easier for her to do it. They both had a great time, and he absolutely loved it. Getting high fived by Braun Strowman was one of his favourite moments, but as a whole he just loved it all. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

His mum took him in the end, because it was just easier for her to do it. They both had a great time, and he absolutely loved it. Getting high fived by Braun Strowman was one of his favourite moments, but as a whole he just loved it all. 

You mean you wanted to watch the game ;)

Glad he enjoyed it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Whatever happened to Jack Gallagher?  He's a jobbing tag team partner these days, I thought he was a bit better than that: http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/jack-gallagher-5908.html

WWE have decided which kind of British talent they like and Jack likely hasn't got the right look.

The talent they are backing are the likes of Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate who not only have more talent/potential, but also have a vastly better look to them.

Now I am sure Jack could repackage himself, but I think at this point WWE have decided that he'll be the guy to lose to buff another talents win/loss record a bit, he's likely not getting out of the role either.

It also doesn't help that Jack is on 205 Live while the other three I mentioned are on NXT where they will thrive.

There's a lot of new UK talent signed with WWE for the new UK tournament - including Flash Morgan Webster, James Drake, El Ligero, Chris Brookes, Joe Coffey, amongst others, so maybe the fabled UK TV show will see the light of day some time soon. All of these guys will be very familiar with those who have seen any UK indie shows in the last few years (Progress, RevPro, IPW UK, etc.) and they're all also unable to appear on the WoS revival, which will have the likes of Will Ospreay, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Moose, Joe Hendry and Martin Kirby as the top draws. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Surprise they are giving rousey a title shot already against nia jax

Booked into a corner.. 

I know that they need to find something for Rousey to do, but let her string some singles wins together first. There is no way Rousey is losing as on paper she is the single most dominant female athlete on the roster thanks to her UFC background, no way she's losing.

55 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Booked into a corner.. 

I know that they need to find something for Rousey to do, but let her string some singles wins together first. There is no way Rousey is losing as on paper she is the single most dominant female athlete on the roster thanks to her UFC background, no way she's losing.

I agree, this feud seems silly. Why not go with a feud with riot squad or Alexa and kicking james%? Making her beat jax on her second fight is crazy and rushed

I see Keith Lee has apparently competed on his final indie show (for Beyond) before joining NXT. 

Now I know a lot of guys moving over there have done so with a lot of hype, which Keith does too of course, but he's a bit different cos he's very much a 'Vince guy'. 

He's almost like a Mark Henry, but way more athletic, with genuine charisma. With Dijak already in NXT it wouldn't be terrible to start them as a monster tag team (won't need a gimmick to prove that point either!) and split them up further down the line or something perhaps. 

• 2 weeks later...

This past weekends Dominion 6.9 - the greatest wrestling show ever, main evented by the greatest wrestling match of all time in Okada v Omega IV? Possibly. 

If you're not into NJPW at all, make sure you at least watch Naito v Jericho for the IWGP Intercontinental title. 

If Vince has any sense he'll have the Women's winner come from Raw and cash in during Rousey v Jax (e.g. at a point where both are down) meaning the MITB winner can eat the pinfall and keep Rousey and Jax looking strong. The alternatives of Rousey winning clean and putting the belt on her very early or a DQ/Count out win really won't appease the Chicago crowd

Â