The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 hour ago, RichardCanning said:

If Vince has any sense he'll have the Women's winner come from Raw and cash in during Rousey v Jax (e.g. at a point where both are down) meaning the MITB winner can eat the pinfall and keep Rousey and Jax looking strong. The alternatives of Rousey winning clean and putting the belt on her very early or a DQ/Count out win really won't appease the Chicago crowd

I can see Stephanie returning to cost Rousey the win.

The ‘E is really deep in the gutter again entertainment wise. I normally keep up with results and watch a few PPV’s here and there but this year it’s really dropped off. The only shows I’ve gone out my way to watch were Mania and then Backlash. I’ve hardly kept up with following SD or Raw either. Apart from Styles, Shinsuke and Rollins I couldn’t really care less. Even Balor has gone bland as **** since just prior to Mania.

I haven't watched since the Raw after Wrestlemania.  I skim through the results each week and it gives me no desire whatsoever to tune in.

This is the least interest I've had in WWE since 2009, although with the talent on the roster I can't see it hitting those lows.

Edited by Wainy316

Meltzer on the latest WOL was talking about going back to watching WWE after the latest NJPW events, and how large the gap is becoming. With the G1 on the horizon too, where there's going to be multiple 5 star matches every week that gap is going to get better, and soon. 

Plus, the new CEO of New Japan is going to hit western expansion hard, and soon. Of course, WWE won't really care, as they're in the money now thanks to their latest deals. 

22 hours ago, RichardCanning said:

If Vince has any sense he'll have the Women's winner come from Raw and cash in during Rousey v Jax (e.g. at a point where both are down) meaning the MITB winner can eat the pinfall and keep Rousey and Jax looking strong. The alternatives of Rousey winning clean and putting the belt on her very early or a DQ/Count out win really won't appease the Chicago crowd

I think jax Rousey will main event and the winner will cash in like this.

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:
  Hide contents

WWE decided to give the money in the bank contracts to the 2 superstars who needed them the least imo. 

Oh and Jinder/Roman ?

It was absolutely terrible esp the womans one. Also the carmella aksua result was a absolutely stupid 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I hate how WWE does title reigns. WWE are too obsessed with putting the title on everyone, or having wrestlers that have been several time champions.

I would love for once if WWE just followed the NJPW blueprint and had a 720+ day champion that actually defends the title, in actual matches, that go on for actual amounts of time. Kenny Omega was already a big deal, but he's an even bigger deal now after dethroning Okada who looked like he was never going to be beaten. 

I am not a huge fan of the whole "you can be champ for a few months, then we'll give it to someone else for a few months" thing that WWE has going on. Now sure they do that slightly less with the World titles, but aside from Lesnar who doesn't count the average reign is still about 6 months. I'm happy for Dolph as it seems that WWE are finally doing something with him, but Rollins held it for 2 months, it just seems pointless to me. 

Wonder what the plan for Rollins is? A break? Universal Champ? Injured?

He’s been Raw’s MVP for a long while now, hope they have something for him.

Edited by Ingram85

G1 Climax blocks have been confirmed - Omega, Ibushi and Naito in block B! With Okada, Tanahashi and Suzuki in block A. I'll always root for Sanada to be the break out star in the G1, but if you look at his block (B, which also includes Ishii, Goto, ZSJ as well as the previously mentioned) I can't see him doing great. Which is a shame. I've thought the same for the past three years now, but, maybe next year.

Spoiler

Someone explain to me how carmella beat askura? The woman undefeated so long and then a lame kick and carmella his first person to pin her? What a go Vince for killing any big match between Charlotte and askura now.

Completely baffling booking. Then why have alexa win the mitb again? We had 9 months of hee now we have to endure more. Lame 

Only the braun strowman winning I agreed with although would havw preferred Samoa joe.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Someone explain to me how carmella beat askura? The woman undefeated so long and then a lame kick and carmella his first person to pin her? What a go Vince for killing any big match between Charlotte and askura now.

Completely baffling booking. Then why have alexa win the mitb again? We had 9 months of hee now we have to endure more. Lame 

Only the braun strowman winning I agreed with although would havw preferred Samoa joe.

Spoiler

Carmella beat Asuka because WWE Creative don't consider dusty finishes to be harmful. I mean it's not like Carmella beat Asuka clean, not with the chinless wonder coming in with the distraction. I'm not a fan of it, but WWE have been doing this for decades now. 

Alexa is slowly but surely becoming the Reigns of the women's division. I read a stat online that she's held the title for 64% of her days on the main roster which is pretty damn impressive. It's clear that in WWE's eyes that Bliss is the face of WWE's women's division. 

10 hours ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Carmella beat Asuka because WWE Creative don't consider dusty finishes to be harmful. I mean it's not like Carmella beat Asuka clean, not with the chinless wonder coming in with the distraction. I'm not a fan of it, but WWE have been doing this for decades now. 

Alexa is slowly but surely becoming the Reigns of the women's division. I read a stat online that she's held the title for 64% of her days on the main roster which is pretty damn impressive. It's clear that in WWE's eyes that Bliss is the face of WWE's women's division. 

They have just killed any momentum for her now. They should have let her win and then built a fraud between her and charlotte at ss. Carmella is awful yet she has wins over charlotte and askura? Make little to know sense.

As for bliss she is better than carmella but they should have kept the title on jax for now. Would have made more sense for Natalia to have won and did what bliss did to Rousey. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They have just killed any momentum for her now. They should have let her win and then built a fraud between her and charlotte at ss. Carmella is awful yet she has wins over charlotte and askura? Make little to know sense.

As for bliss she is better than carmella but they should have kept the title on jax for now. Would have made more sense for Natalia to have won and did what bliss did to Rousey. 

Agreed. My main issue with all of this is with WWE themselves. I have never been a fan of undefeated streaks in wrestling because they are impossible to transition out of. Carmella's win the other night would have been seen as the heel outsmarting the face, but because it's Asuka it doesn't work. Undefeated streaks don't work long term and we are seeing exactly why as every loss hurts Asuka, but it also hurts everyone that beats her because the fans don't buy it. So yes they got Asuka over by having her not lose in a couple years, but now it's a downhill slope. The undefeated streak is the problem here and WWE can't do anything about it now.  

As for Nia Jax I don't think WWE were all that impressed with her title reign, while Rousey is likely too green to hold the title just yet. As for Natty? I feel that the only reason WWE keep her around is because she's a veteran of the business. I mean Natty isn't over with the fans, she's awkward on the mic and she's a terrible champion. I don't think WWE have many other alternatives to Bliss when it comes to picking a new champion. Now I don't mind Bliss all that much, she's a great champion, but WWE do have to figure out the women's scene a bit if they aren't going to push Banks or Bayley. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daweii said:

Agreed. My main issue with all of this is with WWE themselves. I have never been a fan of undefeated streaks in wrestling because they are impossible to transition out of. Carmella's win the other night would have been seen as the heel outsmarting the face, but because it's Asuka it doesn't work. Undefeated streaks don't work long term and we are seeing exactly why as every loss hurts Asuka, but it also hurts everyone that beats her because the fans don't buy it. So yes they got Asuka over by having her not lose in a couple years, but now it's a downhill slope. The undefeated streak is the problem here and WWE can't do anything about it now.  

As for Nia Jax I don't think WWE were all that impressed with her title reign, while Rousey is likely too green to hold the title just yet. As for Natty? I feel that the only reason WWE keep her around is because she's a veteran of the business. I mean Natty isn't over with the fans, she's awkward on the mic and she's a terrible champion. I don't think WWE have many other alternatives to Bliss when it comes to picking a new champion. Now I don't mind Bliss all that much, she's a great champion, but WWE do have to figure out the women's scene a bit if they aren't going to push Banks or Bayley. 

There are a lot of deserving champs on the roster. Sasha banks, bayley even ruby riot on raw.

On sd they have talented workers like Becky lynch yet you have a talentless airhead like carmella. Also makes absolutely no sense for Ellsworth to help carmella after what she did to him. Some really stupid bookings.

Also from a men's view why isn't Samoa how getting a push? He has been brilliant. Hopefully they go with a am vs how feud now 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are a lot of deserving champs on the roster. Sasha banks, bayley even ruby riot on raw.

On sd they have talented workers like Becky lynch yet you have a talentless airhead like carmella. Also makes absolutely no sense for Ellsworth to help carmella after what she did to him. Some really stupid bookings.

Also from a men's view why isn't Samoa how getting a push? He has been brilliant. Hopefully they go with a am vs how feud now 

I agree that there are a lot of deserving champs on RAW, but WWE don't care about them. Sasha Banks was THE woman in WWE a year or so back, but they seem to have gone cold on her. As for Bayley and Ruby Riott? Bayley has never truly been in their plans since she hit the main roster, while the jury is out on whether Ruby Riott will get pushed. When I say Bliss is their only option it's because she's the only one that is a worthy champ right now. Yes the others can be built up slowly to be viable in time for Summerslam, but to carry the title now? No chance. 

When it comes to Carmella as annoying as she is she's proving WWE right in giving her the title. Yes she's not great in the ring, but she's grown in confidence and she's grown on the mic. She'll lose the title soon enough, but maybe not for a little while yet. As for Becky Lynch she's in the Goldilocks zone. WWE know she's good, they know she's good in the ring and that she's a good champion which means she's not in urgent need of a title win. If WWE can experiment and put the title on new superstars they will, and right now Carmella is the current experiment whether you like it or not. 

Samoa Joe will get a push eventually. The mens side of things is awkward because there are so many male superstars that are good enough to be in the main event right now. I don't have many issues with who is in the main event right now, I wish Brock Lesnar would **** off, but that's a different issue entirely. 

Â