PL: SHA h Travel & Social

limpid

It's not even 3 miles is it?

they are charging them £11 for the coach you know !!!

That is unbelievable! I can't believe the idiots pay it. You could get a taxi for less.

Hi all, I'm a season ticket holder and usually get the trains from Tiverton for the game but they arent running early enough to get there on Sunday. So I'm planning to drive into a train station on the outskirts of Brum and get a local train to Aston/Witton.

Anyway my question is are there any stations that are reasonably cheap and safe enough to park at and close enough to the ground? Cheers.

Just replied to you in other thread...you will be OK if you steer clear of far end of Doug Ellis stand and the coach car park. That's if you are wearing colours. Without colours you will be OK. But don't be intimidated by them, they are mainly all mouth. There's usually more trouble at their place than there is at ours.

you will be OK if you steer clear of far end of Doug Ellis stand and the coach car park

But, if that is not possible I would suggest getting there early (whilst they are still in or looking for a pub) and wearing something over your colours on the way in. Oh and on the way out try not to look too happy... :winkold:

yeh games at the Sty are seemingly much more heated in terms of stuff going down outside. im sure if you approach the ground from the South (ie Aston station) or park in that area you'll encounter very very few noses and you should be fine.

**** em, you'll be fine. Been taking my kids for years and youngest is now 14 and as big as me (so if it goes off we're confident of victory!)

You'll be fine, Don't wear colours (or at least hide them!) outside the ground.

Just avoid the away side and you'll be fine. 07-08, I was only quite small and 15 at the time, me and my Mom's BF, walked straight past Blues fans on way back to car, about 30 of them, hoods up covering their faces. It was pretty scary and I could be wrong but unless your actually asking for trouble or in Villa Pubs then they won't do anything especially if you have a littlen. Most of em are idiots but rarely (obviously can happen at any time) pick on just two people one being a kid walking past!!

Anyway, 5-1 again.

Don't think there will be any trouble at VP. Our fans are generally better behaved and I can't imagine their lot kicking off close to the stadium when there's 40,000 Villa fans + police there. I've always worn colours and never had trouble at home, it's just a matter of being sensible really.

just dont get there late, i have found that the majority of those after trouble are not going to the game and hang around looking for stragglers, dont let the fact you have a kid with you think you are safe as i have seen over the years proof that they dont care.

we got ran at last time by the aston social bridge and a couple of the lads had kids, the funniest moment was the police dog handler chasing them off with his dog, i recognised him as a season ticket holder, how lucky was he do get to do that! :lol:

I have not been in Villa Park in my life yet, but it sounds really scary. Is it so bad with hooligans in these derby matches? Is there any safety for families (women, children)?

We are fighting with hooligans here in Slovakia too, but they only occasionaly do any harm to casual fans in colors. And we are presented here with Premier League, that you have created a "family friendly" stadium surroundings and overall safety for football matches. Is it completely wrong?

I am sure that your old firms are still fighting each other. But is it still so bad, as it was in ´80? ´90?