PL: SHA h Travel & Social

limpid

Hi all, I'm a season ticket holder and usually get the trains from Tiverton for the game but they arent running early enough to get there on Sunday. So I'm planning to drive into a train station on the outskirts of Brum and get a local train to Aston/Witton.

Anyway my question is are there any stations that are reasonably cheap and safe enough to park at and close enough to the ground? Cheers.

Southside - Selly Oak & Kings Norton have free parking and plenty of it. Train goes through to New St and then onto Aston.

cheers to all the posts.

i'm going to do the normal thing - park at the leisure centre and walk up...given the leisure centre is a nightmare to get out of at the end, leaving early is normally favoured....with they keep the scummers in at the end?

up the villa boys!

I have not been in Villa Park in my life yet, but it sounds really scary. Is it so bad with hooligans in these derby matches? Is there any safety for families (women, children)?

We are fighting with hooligans here in Slovakia too, but they only occasionaly do any harm to casual fans in colors. And we are presented here with Premier League, that you have created a "family friendly" stadium surroundings and overall safety for football matches. Is it completely wrong?

I am sure that your old firms are still fighting each other. But is it still so bad, as it was in ´80? ´90?

To be fair, this is probably the only fixture of the season which is like this. It's utterly ridiculous. All this is caused by probably less than 50 mindless idiots (out of 42,000 attendees) who probably don't bother attending any other games all season anyway and are only there to stir shit and hassle the police.

I have not been in Villa Park in my life yet, but it sounds really scary. Is it so bad with hooligans in these derby matches? Is there any safety for families (women, children)?

We are fighting with hooligans here in Slovakia too, but they only occasionaly do any harm to casual fans in colors. And we are presented here with Premier League, that you have created a "family friendly" stadium surroundings and overall safety for football matches. Is it completely wrong?

I am sure that your old firms are still fighting each other. But is it still so bad, as it was in ´80? ´90?

To be fair, this is probably the only fixture of the season which is like this. It's utterly ridiculous. All this is caused by probably less than 50 mindless idiots (out of 42,000 attendees) who probably don't bother attending any other games all season anyway and are only there to stir shit and hassle the police.

And what about other Midlands derbies? WBA, Wolves? Are there any problems?

the trains might be operating as bus rail replacement service on sunday. They were last sunday and i heard some nonsense at Longbridge the other day but weren't listening properly

probably best to check with london midland

just checked and it says this on the London Midland website:

Due to planned engineering work services between Lichfield Trent Valley and Redditch (via Birmingham New

Street) will operate to the following amended timetable. Trains run between Lichfield Trent Valley and King’s

Norton. Rail replacement buses operate between Selly Oak and Redditch.

I sit in M2 lower doug with the lad (age 12). Never had a problem in the last 5 years or so. Last year during the game they constructed a very impressive steel plated fence a third the way up the stand. Similar to the ones that used to be in the Baboon enclosure at the west midlands safari park.

Dont be intimidated by them ...this is ASTON!!

No nothing like the 70's onwards. Villa Park is one of the safest grounds there are. The West Midlands Police have a healthy reputation for not standing for any nonsense. The other midland derbies are also well policed. In my experience, in recent years as opposed to 70's 80's, red scouse are the only pain in the arse.

Hi all, I'm a season ticket holder and usually get the trains from Tiverton for the game but they arent running early enough to get there on Sunday. So I'm planning to drive into a train station on the outskirts of Brum and get a local train to Aston/Witton.

Anyway my question is are there any stations that are reasonably cheap and safe enough to park at and close enough to the ground? Cheers.

Assuming you're coming up the M5, probably best to go to M5/M6 interchange, onto the M6 Northbound, then turn off at the first junction, SP Walsall, turn right at bottom of slip road, then follow signs to Bescot station (right by Walsall FC). It's four(?) stops to Witton from there, Aston one stop further. Best check it's not a bus service though.

Don't be intimated by a bunch of nose casuals, this is Aston not Small Heath, wear your colours with pride.

A-****-Men brother!

I never worry about wearing colours at either ground. Why should we? They are all spear-throwing bravardo. If you stick in a group the worst that will happen is a small, ugly looking 14-year-old Burberry wearing chav might try and throw a pebble or small stone at you. Worse things happen at sea.

All this dont wear colours etc etc is utter bollocks...

this match is in the THE REBPULICA OF ASTONIA.....wear you colours with pride...

Treat it like any other game at VP.....

why should you be intimidated by 2,300 shits fans?

I'll be wearing my colours though there is a risk to that.

why should you be intimidated by 2,300 shits fans?

Its not the 2300 with tickets you have to worry about, its the nutter inbred mothers with cocks shit noses that are just popping over for the row. They aren't interested in watching the game

Just a warning for those planning on travelling by train tomorrow...as well as the replacement bus thing, there has been a major blackout at New Street station - no lights, no departure boards, no escalators...even the shop shutters won't close and the staff were sitting on chairs in the doorways overnight. This is going to have a detrimental effect on weekend trains as they are all delayed or cancelled today and this may still be going on tomorrow as they haven't eradicated the problem.

Just a heads up...