New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to order the new home shirt from the OS and expected a free name and number print only to find that they are now charging £10.17 (Ex VAT)!

I know they stated on the website that it was an offer to people who bought from Villa Village or New Street club shops but it had previously been an offer extended to the website. Why should this offer now only be for those who live in the area and can actually buy from either of the stores?! So fans who live outside Birmingham are now getting the same offer.

What a joke.

did anyone happen to see the lad with the new home shirt on in the lower holte at half time last night? was on the L7 side, no player name on the back so werent given to him from a player. wonder where he got it from?

• 2 weeks later...
**** it, I've decided to get the new shirt. Anyone know if we can still get free name/number printing?

There's an official ad on the left of every other page on VT which says it does.

General has just confirmed that the kit will not be next seasons too. The away this season will be next seasons third kit. **** ridiculous imo

That's disgusting in all honesty. Absolute shambles and the fact that the club are allowing this (at any time never mind under the current financial conditions) is farcical...

Does anyone know if I can get this somewhere for under £30? I don't care if the club lose money from it to be honest. I love the new top, yet refuse to pay their £45 for it when it will only be used for a few months.

Oh and their pathetic excuse of appeasing the fans with free lettering and numbering is a joke. We don't all want a bloody name on the back of our tops.

Anyway, I'm bloody disgusted in Lerner over this. Yes, it is Nike's fault for the most part. I do think that something could have been done though. Either a reduction in the actual kit, or making it the kit for next season too. Once again us true supporters are being taken to the cleaners....

I never really intended to buy the shirt - I've got an 08/09 Acorns one I love which is my lucky shirt.

I don't understand why people feel the need to buy a new shirt every season?

I'm not bothered about the kits thingy, because next years will barely be different to this years.

I am however annoyed that our black away kit is to be made into a third kit.

I quite like the black kit.

General has just confirmed that the kit will not be next seasons too. The away this season will be next seasons third kit. **** ridiculous imo

Terrible decision. Completely ripping off anyone who buys this shirt.

But personally I wasn't a fan of the design so quite glad it won't be sticking around.

It's not exactly the nicest shirt in the world, so I never really had any intention of buying it. Had I though, I would've been dissuaded by the shambles regarding release and use (or lack thereof) next season. Not really an ideal set of circumstances.

that is a joke

100% wont be buying

Unfortunately, some will.

This is not all Nike either. The only way to show our disproval is for a boycot of all nike goods, then maybe we can get rid of these shisters, and get a supplier that does not treat us all like mugs.

Dont know about you lot, but i spend a small fortune on the club, and i guess your all the same. Money is short, and it seems the club and nike think we are made of it.

So stuff the kit.

Before anybody suggests im advocating boycotting all Villa merchandise, im not, just Nike. And its not as if theres nothing else nice in stock, cos there is.

Buy an old replica shirt to show your disgust?

Fans have a right to complain, and we are consumers after all :winkold:

It really annoys me that the away kit is being described as having some sort of longer shelf life because it'll be next seasons third kit, in a way that tries to say look we have given you this small concession.

The third kit has always been the previous seasons away kit under the Nike deal and I'm not sure we've EVER worn a third kit. Its a Nike sales tactic, thats all it is and its being said like its some sort of new concession and an attempt at appeasement of the fans, when its nothing of the sort.

The only way to do it is to burn down the Nike headquarters... anyone with me?

(For lgal purposes, I am not condoning or encouraging unlawful behaviour towards major corporations and/or their headquarters.)

Â