New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

I refuse to pay it though, as it is daylight robbery.

Just out of interest, what are your thoughts on buying one of the retro kits like the two posters below you?

That way, you're still putting the money that you were going to spend into the club, but you're not letting those clowns Nike have any of it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble for me is my first 'Villa Season' was 89-90 (a good one at that!) and I wouldn't feel right wearing a shirt from a time I wasn't even born (anything pre '84).

If they re-release the 1994 black, green and red striped away kit I'll be in there like a shot! :winkold:

I'll buy this season's shirt when it's reduced in the summer.

The trouble for me is my first 'Villa Season' was 89-90 (a good one at that!) and I wouldn't feel right wearing a shirt from a time I wasn't even born (anything pre '84).

If they re-release the 1994 black, green and red striped away kit I'll be in there like a shot! :winkold:

I'll buy this season's shirt when it's reduced in the summer.

Haha, I am selling mine on eBay at the moment with the number 10 on the back (Dalian Atkinson)!

I dunno how someone managed to order the home shirt through the online store in the last few days and got free printing because they charged me ten pounds something for my name and number!

I just bought the new kit through the Villa on-line store. The strong Aussie dollar (1:1 with the US$) made it a $100 investment, including free shirt printing (Agbonlahor 11 in case anyone is interested).

I really could not be arsed moaning about the shirt being 'outdated' in 8 months time....it is still an Aston Villa kit and I will wear it proudly.

Good for you. However, I'm guessing that you don't put £1,000+ into going to watch Villa every season, being that you live over there (my apologies if you do actually do this too). Many of us spend a fortune going to see Villa every season. Therefore, why should we sit back and accept the fact that we are being vastly overcharged for a top that will last around five months less than normal (for the current season)?!

It's all good to sit back and say "I will wear it proudly', thus attempting to make out that it is some kind of proof of how good your support for the club is....

We all proudly support the Villa and many of us would like the new top. However, many of us put lots of money into Villa on a regular basis and refuse to be robbed on this occasion. Fair enough if you want to pay that price as it's up to you.

I refuse to pay it though, as it is daylight robbery. Simple as....

Fair call. For what it is worth, my intention was never to take a swipe at the level of support anyone gives - so you can kiss my arse and shove your suggestion that I was suggesting that my support exceeds anyone else's. I suggest you direct your anger at the whole situation elsewhere mate. Perhaps take a moment to think how you would feel being on the other side of the world having never seen Villa play live.

I just bought the new kit through the Villa on-line store. The strong Aussie dollar (1:1 with the US$) made it a $100 investment, including free shirt printing (Agbonlahor 11 in case anyone is interested).

I really could not be arsed moaning about the shirt being 'outdated' in 8 months time....it is still an Aston Villa kit and I will wear it proudly.

Good for you. However, I'm guessing that you don't put £1,000+ into going to watch Villa every season, being that you live over there (my apologies if you do actually do this too). Many of us spend a fortune going to see Villa every season. Therefore, why should we sit back and accept the fact that we are being vastly overcharged for a top that will last around five months less than normal (for the current season)?!

It's all good to sit back and say "I will wear it proudly', thus attempting to make out that it is some kind of proof of how good your support for the club is....

We all proudly support the Villa and many of us would like the new top. However, many of us put lots of money into Villa on a regular basis and refuse to be robbed on this occasion. Fair enough if you want to pay that price as it's up to you.

Fair call. For what it is worth, my intention was never to take a swipe at the level of support anyone gives - so you can kiss my arse and shove your suggestion that I was suggesting that my support exceeds anyone else's. I suggest you direct your anger at the whole situation elsewhere mate. Perhaps take a moment to think how you would feel being on the other side of the world having never seen Villa play live.

Good on ye Banger 75. another example that even though we all support the same team we are all totally different people/fans. We regularly see posts from fans on the generals page about Nike and Villa speading the Villa message worldwide and saying Villa aren't doing enough. Here we have a Villa fan in Oz whos opinion is different to Villa Park regular and at the 1st oppurtunity he is attacked for being different. Not the behavour of a true fan in my opinion. Finally Banger hope the top reaches you soon and you enjoy wearing it for as long as you want to.

Mine arrived today (albeit a day after the launch date even though I ordered it in august) and I was pleasantly surprised to find the words pride of Birmingham embroider inside under the badge. Fook off small Heath.

Good on ye Banger 75. another example that even though we all support the same team we are all totally different people/fans. We regularly see posts from fans on the generals page about Nike and Villa speading the Villa message worldwide and saying Villa aren't doing enough. Here we have a Villa fan in Oz whos opinion is different to Villa Park regular and at the 1st oppurtunity he is attacked for being different. Not the behavour of a true fan in my opinion. Finally Banger hope the top reaches you soon and you enjoy wearing it for as long as you want to.

Cheers tvillan. :lol:

Would anyone be able to recommend the best site to get a Villa shirt delivered overseas from? Any that have good offers?

Also, does anybody know Kitbag's worldwide shipping price?

My experience with the Villa on line megastore was a very good one. Good price (saved about $50 on what I would have bought in a shop here) and regular emails about the status of my order, the delivery company and tracking number. Will get it here in less than a week from hitting 'go' on the credit card order.

There were a couple of questions on sales on the General's thread and it got me to thinking about something - Our previous biggest sponsorship deal was with red32 I'd have thought and amounted to what I'd imagine to be next to nothing. If shirt income is a combination of the money the sponsors pay to be on the shirt and the income you get from selling replica kit, then this is probably our most profitable home kit ever - and quite probably would have been even if it'd never gone on sale to you and me.

There were a couple of questions on sales on the General's thread and it got me to thinking about something - Our previous biggest sponsorship deal was with red32 I'd have thought and amounted to what I'd imagine to be next to nothing. If shirt income is a combination of the money the sponsors pay to be on the shirt and the income you get from selling replica kit, then this is probably our most profitable home kit ever - and quite probably would have been even if it'd never gone on sale to you and me.

I'd be fairly sure 32red was far from our biggest ever previous sponsorship deal considering it wasn't even 7 figures.

I'd be fairly sure 32red was far from our biggest ever previous sponsorship deal considering it wasn't even 7 figures.

Maybe ntl - but I think they got the deal by buying 10% of the club rather than a straight cash payment. DWS perhaps?

Â