New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Just thinking about this, the money that ForEx are paying us is much, much more than the money we're ever going to make through selling shirts. We'd be better off this season than last even if we weren't going to make the shirts available for sale at all.

I guess when you think of it that way, for the club, the fact that the delay has happened and annoys us is a small price to pay for the commercial benefit of having a sponsor pay the right amount no matter when the side issue of selling shirts begins.

You're not wrong. We will get between 10 and 20 quid per shirt. Even if we miss out on 100,000 sales we're talking a small percentage of the sponsorship.

Depends where you buy it from. As discussed here if you buy it from the club shop it could be as much as £20 for the club, if you buy it from elsewhere, it's probably no more than £1.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone else has come across this, but I found some new Villa shirts in Rebel Sport today here in Brisbane Australia. The unusual thing was that the shirts did not have any sponsor on them. I couldn't decide whether it looked good or bad? They were surprisingly made in Sri Lanka, cost was $139 australian dollars (about 70 pounds).

Probably discussed somewhere but can't find it - anyone know the actual reason we have to wait until a full month after the season's started before we can buy even one of our kits?

General Krulak here:

1. jackbauer: My point was simply that you were mixing two different issues...Kappa vs. Nike. I am sure that if we were still with Hummel they could have produced a kit in rapid fire fashion...but do we want a Hummel kit? Nike is producing sporting equipment world wide and cannot spin around on a dime. We were late in providing them the sponsor's name...simple as that and we went back a bit in the queue. We are not happy about it...and the fans are not happy about it

I'm not sure if that's the last time he talked about the new kit, but I think that's the reason.

I'll have a look for more info on it.

I think its the recycled plastic bottle stuff like other teams have had, certainly looked thinner and shinier on the players, but seeing it in the flesh in the shop it looked fine, looks really smart.

Probably discussed somewhere but can't find it - anyone know the actual reason we have to wait until a full month after the season's started before we can buy even one of our kits?

General Krulak here:

1. jackbauer: My point was simply that you were mixing two different issues...Kappa vs. Nike. I am sure that if we were still with Hummel they could have produced a kit in rapid fire fashion...but do we want a Hummel kit? Nike is producing sporting equipment world wide and cannot spin around on a dime. We were late in providing them the sponsor's name...simple as that and we went back a bit in the queue. We are not happy about it...and the fans are not happy about it

I'm not sure if that's the last time he talked about the new kit, but I think that's the reason.

I'll have a look for more info on it.

Thanks. Hopefully we don't have a repeat next season, then.

I'm not a fan of the chequered squares down the side, looks kind of immature. I also preferred the acorn logo last season. But who knows if the boys keep putting in performances like yesterday, the shirt will grow on me even more. Mixed feelings about the black shirt, love the idea, but sad to see it take the place of white kit.

for the record thought the kit looked wicked today :)

I think it looks horrible, seeing it on the players it looked even worse.

I thought the fit looks really bad, doesnt sit around the players collars / neck that well, a bit droopy.

I really liked the kit yesterday, it's a great design imo, I will buying one when they come out. I bought one of the purple training waterproof jackets yesterday due to the crap weather, and really like that also, a great purchase that will last for years, very happy with it. Will give it its away debut at Newcastle next week :thumb:

The kit looked ok before kick off, i think anything would look a bit droopy after

that downpour.

Honestly thats a really good point, I really dont like the kit but I should reserve my critism a little because my girlfriend only taped the last 30 minutes of football first so I didnt see the kit at first...neither did I see any goals haha.

Â