New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Quite like the basic design of the home shirt. The chequered pattern is an interesting addition, something a bit different to normal, but the away and keepers are frankly awful. The collars on all of them, and the basic fit of the shirts, look really loose and baggy. I was expecting a template based on the Holland jersey and the keeper template that the Nike sponsored teams had at the World Cup, not that shocker. And with the away, it just looks like they couldn't be arsed. I think Nike are making it pretty clear that we're not a big deal to them, or not successful or glamourous enough to fit in with their brand image, what with these half arsed, ill-fitting designs. I like having Nike as the kit sponsor, but if this is the way it's going to continue, then **** em.

That said, I don't really care to be honest!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the kits if I'm honest. I think they're different whilst still keeping the traditional claret body and blue sleeves.

Keeper's kit is horiffic but seeing as all Nike teams seem to have them I suppose we'll fit in with the crowd.

Overall I'm pleased. now just need to decide whether to get the home or away.

Not a fan and wont be buying them. I think they tried to much when they got so many complaints the shirts were the same. The tag line is horrible and i think it will stop me buying any shirt while they sponsor us.

I'll probably buy the home and away kits.

I really like the home kit, the away kit seems okay.. but I'm not sure about the claret & blue & black & red sponsor.... too many colours!

I like both home and away. But the Keeper kit :) I bet some fool at Nike thinks it distracts opposing strikers by making the keeper look bigger or some rubbish.

Brad should wear a plain jersey over the top of the new one, held together with velcro, and when Drogba/Rooney/Torres suddenly break forward on a one on one, he should rip off the plain shirt and scare the sh*t out of them with that monstrosity.

I would be amazed if any Villa supporter bought one of those.

Personally i hate the checks, reminds me too much of that horrible Hummel gear we used to have, the new training range will be where my money is spent.

I like both home and away, but feel sorry for Brad this season.

I dunno what all this fuss about chequered patterns is - anyone with a season ticket has two lines of them across it, the flag in the Holte, etc etc. It's everywhere and now it's on the kit. Can't see anything wrong with it *shrug*

There's also been photos of fans in the Holte on the front of a season ticket - it doesnt mean id want to see that on our kit.

Chequered pattern looks awful.

Â