New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Bit wank that fulham have got a deal with em too, doesn't really make a

difference but it can't mean ours was 'megabucks', probably why it hasn't been disclosed....

I don't follow your logic. Please explain.

Okay, not being a dick or nowt but not that difficult a post to follow, at least I don't think anyway.

I think it takes the shine off it a little that another club, a club far smaller than us have the same.

Probably therefore means that the deal we received isn't as large as the club and we might have hoped for being that they also then decided to sponsor another club. You also have to imagine that Fulham wouldn't have been expecting a major shirt sponsorship deal and probably weren't searching for one so if the two deals are the same then it's likely that it's not for masses of money as we'd all hoped.

The above then leads to my imagining that it's the reason that no official figures have been released, Spurs, Liverpool, United etc are all happy to boast about their shirt deals whilst we've been left in the dark, probably because they don't want to seem inferior to the above mentioned....

Does that make it clearer?

I asked you to explain because I was genuinely open to your further detail persuading me of your supposition. However, there are far too many 'think', 'probably' and 'imagine' type terms in your detail for me to believe your respected opinion is anywhere near fact.

Non-disclosure of financial contracts does not necessarily hide ‘disappointing’ figures. Such privacy is more and more common within companies during this restrictive economic time and is certainly in keeping with Randy’s self-effacing style.

Whilst it would be foolish to believe we have leapt to a £10m annual sponsorship; following Randy's refusal to sell the clubs name cheaply, it's reasonable to believe Randy would not have capitulated to previous figures of less than £2m per year. I don't see why Fulham's separate deal with FxPro would have any impact on our sponsorship contract. I’ve read uncorroborated script that the FxPro deal is for circa £6m/year. My own guess would be nearer to £4m to £5m. I agree it is hardly $ky4 territory, but it is a massive improvement on previous deals.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa's deal with FxPro is worth more than Fulham's. Significantly more. I know about that more from the Fulham side than the Villa one, I'm not any sort of Villa ITK! But trust me on this. And both are good deals for the respective clubs.

I don't see why Fulham's separate deal with FxPro would have any impact on our sponsorship contract

It doesn't. No more than the US$12 million FxPro pays to Virgin Racing affects ours (other than that FxPro doesn't have unlimited money, of course).

God, the badge is such shit

I disagree! I really like it.

That away kit further up reminds me of palace though for some reason.

No Palace always had diagonal stripes on their White away kits.

I do know of the details with FxPro and it is in line with a top PL club. Its more or less the same as Arsenals shirt deal for instance.

I doubt Fulhams is even half, or a third of it.

Very true. Although still looks similar!

0,,10323~8725740,00.jpg

PEDANT ALERT - no they don't SEE HERE

A massive similarity and we call Wet Spam kit stealers :)

for about the 5th time this topic;

kits are revealed on July 15th, to buy in august.

Home is rumoured to be based on the current Dutch kit with either a blue stripe down the side or a chequred design down the side.

Away kit is rumoured to be black, with the white away kit from last season as our third kit.

Now having seen Portugal v Spain tonight - Portugal's white kit could easily be adapted to a Villa kit with the claret & blue bands down the middle. It was a split band with a white space for logo in the middle. Anyone fancy mocking one up? I think it has a degree of class about it.

I did it about 15 pages ago!

My first time on photoshop villa duty so please go on easy on me!!

This is based on portugal's away top, I personally think it would be fantastic if we got an away shirt like this, what do you guys think?

astonvillaawayfantasy.jpg

Now having seen Portugal v Spain tonight - Portugal's white kit could easily be adapted to a Villa kit with the claret & blue bands down the middle. It was a split band with a white space for logo in the middle. Anyone fancy mocking one up? I think it has a degree of class about it.

I did it about 15 pages ago

Sorry chefdoc - fantastic kit anyway! We're like minded on this one.

Why is there an ongoing discussion about the possibility of a white away kit when our third kit will be last season's white change shirt? It will be a different colour.

Yes this has already been raised but people just ignore.

Â