The VT Baby club

kimmie

Once you have a baby your interest in things you used to do - going out drinking etc - all but disappear. I get offers to go out with mates etc for nights out, but to be honest I would rather be at home with my son, bathing him and putting him to bed for th night with a story, because that's what matters.

Ye so imagine being one of your mates - you're now considered to be a bit of a boring ****. Those of us who don't want kids can't get our heads around wanting to give up your freedom like you have - I'm with young Chindie, kids FTL.

(For now)

My Dad and Mum were married at 22 :D And had my brother at 23 and me at 25; I wouldn't say they lost their lives (my dad certainly didn't) :lol:

Thats a generational thing that goes back to the days before women worked much, or the more recent introduction of paternity leave. I doubt my Dad never changed a nappy in his life, nowadays the Dad does alot more I reckon

the book we used was The contented little baby book of weaning by gina ford

has been excellent so far for us.

The Contented Little Baby Book - the most contraversial book in the history of baby-books.

20% of parents regard it as the devil's book, and 20% of parents regard it as the bible of childcare.

i guess the weaning edition isn't so contraversial though?

the book we used was The contented little baby book of weaning by gina ford

has been excellent so far for us.

The Contented Little Baby Book - the most contraversial book in the history of baby-books.

20% of parents regard it as the devil's book, and 20% of parents regard it as the bible of childcare.

i guess the weaning edition isn't so contraversial though?

I can understand why, all children are different. For us its been excellent (so far), for those who's children arent as keen on eating it would be rubbish.

Once you have a baby your interest in things you used to do - going out drinking etc - all but disappear. I get offers to go out with mates etc for nights out, but to be honest I would rather be at home with my son, bathing him and putting him to bed for th night with a story, because that's what matters.

Ye so imagine being one of your mates - you're now considered to be a bit of a boring ****. Those of us who don't want kids can't get our heads around wanting to give up your freedom like you have - I'm with young Chindie, kids FTL.

(For now)

You may also find though as your generation becomes older everyone starts to settle anyway. Im 29 and always had a large group of friend that went out religously Friday Saturday. While im pretty much the only one with a child now, most are settled with girlfriends/wives even living in different parts of the coutry. We still have nights out but are more commonly found at each others houses or enjoying shared interests. Its certainly not something i expected to happen when i was 25.

Apologies if this sounds patronising, its certainly not meant that way.

(For now)

And I'm perfectly happy to be a boring ****! :D

• 3 weeks later...

best day of my life today, wife gives birth to our baby daughter (jessica), then as we make our way from the delivery ward to the maternity ward, james collins comes around the corner with his new born baby and wife.

the only thing that puzzled me was that if i was on £20,000 a week i would choose to go private rather than go to heartlands hostpital.

best day of my life today, wife gives birth to our baby daughter (jessica), then as we make our way from the delivery ward to the maternity ward, james collins comes around the corner with his new born baby and wife.

the only thing that puzzled me was that if i was on £20,000 a week i would choose to go private rather than go to heartlands hostpital.

Was his baby a ginger?

to be honest it was all a bit of a rush, and i don't think it would have gone down to well with the missus if i would have started chatting footy 5 mins after the birth of my child, still it was weird seeing him there as these pro footballers normally go private don't they.

congratulations mate, hope your enjoying it.

Closing in on 6 weeks to go, cannot wait.

My Missus got a me a baby grow yesterday saying "Me and my Daddy support Aston Villa" on the front and on the back our surname and a 1 :D Brilliant!!

5 weeks to go on Monday!

Everything is ready for baby to arrive, ive got a feeling these last few weeks are going to drag a little. Had our anti-natal class last Saturday which was well worth going to and a bit of an eye opener.

I wonder if they could come on the same day Neil? :D

Well i gave birth on thursday 3weeks early......

After a lot of complications little Lily is here, ( her brother named her!! Apparently he didnt like Trinity!)

She is currently in intensive care redditch hospital, because on the 13th june a taxi driver drove into the side of my car,

causing my placenta to tear, only a diddy bit, but when i started having contractions it tore a whole lot and little Lily managed to swallow

a large amount of blood, causing her body to shut down, causing hyperglycemic fits, so she had to have brain scans and has been poked and prodded, but its improving loads and loads....

Â