Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

I actually think it sucks balls that developers extort money by such nefarious means, so I shall be buying the standard version.

Having to pay extra for improved gear smacks to me a little of buying gold in WoW.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think it sucks balls that developers extort money by such nefarious means, so I shall be buying the standard version.

Having to pay extra for improved gear smacks to me a little of buying gold in WoW.

Let me know when you get it and you can join me in free roam Mart, it's a lot of fun.

Yeah boys. Multiplayer is pretty good actually. Plenty to do from taking out gang hideouts. planting bombs on US military boxes. Getting your survivalist and hunter challenges etc etc.

If you work as a posse. you save alot of time and level up quite quickly. Think im level 16 now.

get the outfit.

the way you cheat is brilliant. you get a card from the bottom of the deck. so you have 3 cards. but you only have 2 in your hand and have to do a mini balancing game to switch one of the cards for the cheat card you're hiding. After the round you keep the remaining cheat card an can use it if you like. I also like the way you can only cheat when you're dealing. Its pretty obvious, but its really well done.

I love the liars dice game. its brill.

I got my hunter and sharp shooter challenges done in free roam as well. the jaguars in tall trees are complete bastards lol

get the outfit.

the way you cheat is brilliant. you get a card from the bottom of the deck. so you have 3 cards. but you only have 2 in your hand and have to do a mini balancing game to switch one of the cards for the cheat card you're hiding. After the round you keep the remaining cheat card an can use it if you like. I also like the way you can only cheat when you're dealing. Its pretty obvious, but its really well done.

I love the liars dice game. its brill.

I got my hunter and sharp shooter challenges done in free roam as well. the jaguars in tall trees are complete bastards lol

You can cheat all the time, not just when your dealing.

but you cannot deal yourself a new card. if you know what i mean.

but yea the cheat card carries over from hand to hand.

but if its a 2 and you dont use it, and then you deal, you can replace it with something else.

but you cannot deal yourself a new card. if you know what i mean.

but yea the cheat card carries over from hand to hand.

but if its a 2 and you dont use it, and then you deal, you can replace it with something else.

Ive found myself cheating a few times in a single hand to ensure victory... apart from when they all got wise and we went for consecutive shoot outs outside. ;)

Can you challenge anyone to a quick draw, or only the few times in the story missions?

Dont think its everyone but there are a few times some randomer has challenged me and through my numerous times cheating at poker of course!

Just traded in MW2 for £23 and bought this. Can't wait to get it loaded tonight.

If you haven't done a little bit of sex wee after playing for half an hour there's no hope for you! :mrgreen:

Can you challenge anyone to a quick draw, or only the few times in the story missions?

They're random encounters that happen more frequently as your fame increases. They also happen if you get caught cheating at poker. You can't initiate them (unless cheating as mentioned) but they're certainly not tied to story missions.

Finished the main story missions off today, and that's not really down to me rushing through either, just I've spent alot of time on this game since it's release. Brilliant game, and there is still so much to do even with it finished.

Â