Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno about the rock thing myself. It seems like a hell of a lot of effort for not much reward, as you really limit yourself to where you can be when it comes to cougar hunting. I think my technique of a couple of shots with the crappy pistol you start off with followed by chasing after them (they cant run if you shoot them in the legs, and while they are still a bit faster than you are in a straight line you will catch them in a race) is the quickest and easiest way to do it. Once you have the two kills with a knife you unlock the Buffalo rifle. That thing is powerful enough to shoot a hole in the moon.

I killed my cougars the real man's way!

None of this poncing about softening them up with bullets. Pfft, just get stuck in with a knife and a bottle o' Jack to dull the pain. If they give you shit, kick them in the face before you knife them.

PS: Nayson's method is better

Trying to hog tie a woman isn't that easy is it? I tried a couple of random Mexican peasant women, but it wasn't worth the grief I was getting towns. I then went back to New Austen to finish a couple of quests, and kidnapped the old woman froma house between Armadillo and Thieves Landing. Hog tied her, then plonked on the track, only to realise that the train was bloody miles away, and I got bored waiting. Think I'll kidnap a nun from that hacienda in Mexico and try again tonight.

Yeah, its a damn shame. The place could only ever remain open as long as New Order were incredibly popular though!

I got lucky with my Dastardly trophy btw. Like I said on the other page, I was in the middle of nowhere when the honey trap thing happened (seems to happen a hell of a lot too, I have had it at least half a dozen times) but when I killed all the men with guns I paused and checked the map and just happened to be near a railway line with a train no more than two minutes away.

I tried that last night. Killed all the blokes, but then the woman just disappeared. Which was annoying.

I loved the marksman challenge where you have to shoot the birds from a moving train. Stood on the roof blowing away vultures looked very, very cool. Finding the next one a bit tricky though, which is to kill two different wild animals on the same dead eye meter. Rode around for ages, and saw either coyotes OR rabbits OR skunks OR wolves etc, but never two different types at the same time.

Finding the next one a bit tricky though, which is to kill two different wild animals on the same dead eye meter. Rode around for ages, and saw either coyotes OR rabbits OR skunks OR wolves etc, but never two different types at the same time.

Bird + A.N Other animal ftw.

Yeah, that's all I did. Shot a bird and a deer I think. I was still on the train that I had killed all the birds on.

I have been stuck at the kill bears with one shot for ages now, mostly because I dont think I have unlocked the area where bears are. I have more guns than Tackleberry from Police Academy though, including a quite ridiculous semi automatic shotgun that Buffalo Rifle which appears to be some kind of howitzer. The bears will not be a problem. :nod:

Yeah, that's all I did. Shot a bird and a deer I think. I was still on the train that I had killed all the birds on.

I have been stuck at the kill bears with one shot for ages now, mostly because I dont think I have unlocked the area where bears are. I have more guns than Tackleberry from Police Academy though, including a quite ridiculous semi automatic shotgun that Buffalo Rifle which appears to be some kind of howitzer. The bears will not be a problem. :nod:

Jealous. I'm enjoying the sawn off shot gun for close range stuff though, with the poncho and face mask on, it looks really bad ass!

I hogtied a woman from a quest (she asked me to get medicine, I decided to put her on the traintracks instead) - No trophy, but that was probably because she was on the back of my horse when the train hit them. I went for a double whammy 8)

I hogtied a woman from a quest (she asked me to get medicine, I decided to put her on the traintracks instead) - No trophy, but that was probably because she was on the back of my horse when the train hit them. I went for a double whammy 8)

Ha ha, I know the woman you mean, she was on the train at the very beginning of the game :lol:

I gave her the medicine and shot her because she was so bloody annoying. :D

Same here, as I mentioned previously. I may have to restart the game now, as hog tying her would be an absolute pleasure!

Yeah, its a damn shame. The place could only ever remain open as long as New Order were incredibly popular though!

I got lucky with my Dastardly trophy btw. Like I said on the other page, I was in the middle of nowhere when the honey trap thing happened (seems to happen a hell of a lot too, I have had it at least half a dozen times) but when I killed all the men with guns I paused and checked the map and just happened to be near a railway line with a train no more than two minutes away.

Stranger mission in Armadillo where you have to convince the chap's wife not to leave him. You have to hog-tie her at the coach station right by the tracks in the mission anyway.

Nice and easy.

Â